Can u be a pic at two places?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lisochka

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can u be a pic at 2 different places?
State arizona

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, there's actually precedent for that in the outer areas, and can happen for ensuite issues (Maricopa has a PIC in charge of the hospital who also was the PIC at the hospital's offsite dispensary as well), but you'd have the burden to show that you actually were in charge and onsite for the work being done (R-4-23 talks about supervision of all activities which that would be hard at two sites at different companies). If you're Walgreens though, that affects your non-compete and I'm sure Scottsdale would have something to say about it. As well, Darren Kennedy happens to be the sitting incumbent AZ Board of Pharmacy president right now, and I can tell you from personal experience when he was Fountain Hills that he's quite attentive to things. Are you sure you want to do this?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, there's actually precedent for that in the outer areas, and can happen for ensuite issues (Maricopa has a PIC in charge of the hospital who also was the PIC at the hospital's offsite dispensary as well), but you'd have the burden to show that you actually were in charge and onsite for the work being done (R-4-23 talks about supervision of all activities which that would be hard at two sites at different companies). If you're Walgreens though, that affects your non-compete and I'm sure Scottsdale would have something to say about it. As well, Darren Kennedy happens to be the sitting incumbent AZ Board of Pharmacy president right now, and I can tell you from personal experience when he was Fountain Hills that he's quite attentive to things. Are you sure you want to do this?
Is there anything/anyone you don't know? Your posts are just wild.

Reactions: 1 users
In my state you have to be working 40hrs/wk to be PIC. Therefore, I don't see it happening.

Is there anything/anyone you don't know? Your posts are just wild.

In AZ, I'm from the generation where you still knew pretty much everyone (and everyone KNOWS you). In academia, I have a reasonable idea of most of the tenured faculty in places. It's a small world for me. My OK colleagues apparently used to know everyone in the state to the point that you could give license numbers as that used to be a requirement for transfers!

But if you're also Arizonan, I'm part of that one particular extended family in pharmacy (I think I last counted 29 of us at RPh not including my younger cousins who are in school now), so it also comes with the territory. It makes for an interesting knowledge of the chronicles of AZ Pharmacy.

Last edited:
I called the BOP today and spoke to the director. I was really surprised and thankful that he answers calls from public. He said that it is allowed in AZ to be a PIC at two places. To my understanding, there are no unusual requirements as certain time commitment per week, etc...
So, I guess it is possible. But I think its too much responsibility for me at this point...
So, thank you guys so much for all your help with my decision!

I don't even wanna be a PIC at one place ....

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users