Avery07

SDN Lifetime Donor
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2008
Status
Dentist
I've come to terms that this site is a black hole. --well.. a black hole filled with a wealth of knowledge but a black hole nonetheless.

All I'm asking for is a simple blocking feature that will prevent my computer from accessing SDN for a set amount of time. Perhaps only allowing it during set hours of the day?

I think this would be beneficial for everyone.. Surely DAT scores would be on the rise. Hell, I'd even be willing to become a full fledged donor.

Just an idea.. Anyways, I have to get back to studying for a bio exam in the morning. I'll probably check back every two minutes to keep in the loop of how my idea is progressing. :(

Avery07

SDN Lifetime Donor
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2008
Status
Dentist
http://www.proginosko.com/leechblock.html

If you're serious, this will be a good tool to limit yourself from browsing too much and distracting yourself.
Well I was being somewhat sarcastic but having honest intentions no matter how ridiculous the idea.

This isn't a bad program but the problem I see is that it is for Firefox only. I would simply jump on Safari, Internet Explorer, Chrome... on and on.. to get back here. :laugh:

But really, if anyone knows of a software program that would allow you to limit yourself on certain websites, that would be great. I'm pretty sure I'd give it a shot lol. SDN kills my productivity.

Freaking kid in a candy store on these forums. :soexcited:

herkulease

10+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
you 're serious you don't need a program.

If you're sitting behind a router, most come with filtering built in. Find the settings that contains it and you can pretty much block anything you want even @ certain times.

I do it with my nephews and nieces computer. facebook and most things are blocked during hw time.

evanyou

7+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2010
Dallas, TX
Status
Dentist
:thumbup: :thumbup:

I actually thought about that, too!

I turn on wikipedia when I am not sure something.
If it's still unclear, I come find info in SDN then spend another hour to read what other people think about DAT LIKE NOW. LOL

taptapgrind

10+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
Thank goodness it is not applicable on iphones as I would be checking it constanly like facebook..
I feel ya Avery

peanutb123

10+ Year Member
Sep 1, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Your solution lies in the small black wire that connects your modem to the power company, remove that. If that does not fully solve your problem, ask the power company if they can turn off power to the rest of the house. If by chance your neighbor is sharing wireless internet access, worry not!!! Without power at your home, your laptop will soon die and you can experience the sweet release to freedom, at least till you need google to look something up...
Actually you are half correct, Avery i Assume you have more than 1 computer at home thus for the use of router. I am pretty sure almost all the routers have the function to block websites. then you wont be able to access them. Then even if you use firefox, safari, etc... then you wont be able to access it. Now keep in mind that this is only to control you little bit. there are many ways to access SDN or any blocked website. But this little control block should give you enough time to rethink not to come on SDN. :luck:

Coal

7+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2009
Status
Other Health Professions Student
I wish SDN would come out with an iphone app!
:thumbup: :thumbup:

I actually thought about that, too!

I turn on wikipedia when I am not sure something.
If it's still unclear, I come find info in SDN then spend another hour to read what other people think about DAT LIKE NOW. LOL
There is one! Tapatalk lets you use SDN. I don't think there's a search function though :mad: