Can you add more designated schools after you've applied already?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

STACM

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im guessing you could add more school designations as long as you pay more money to AADSAS before a certain time period right? Because I havent taken my DAT yet so I might want to add other schools according to my score.

If so how does that work?

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah....it costs a little extra but you can add them on. Go to the FAQ page on AADSAS.

I was thinking of ordering the AADSAS book before i designate my schools and apply. Or do you think I shouldnt wait..just research them through the web, designate, and apply now?...rather than wait until the book arrives

OR could I apply now without designating any schools (or just a couple), but designate them later after I've received my DAT score? Would there be much of a disadvantage in that?

Last edited:
I was thinking of ordering the AADSAS book before i designate my schools and apply. Or do you think I shouldnt wait..just research them through the web, designate, and apply now?...rather than wait until the book arrives

OR could I apply now without designating any schools (or just a couple), but designate them later after I've received my DAT score? Would there be much of a disadvantage in that?

You kinda have to designate the schools you want to send your application to. Also when you sign up for the dat, the first 5 schools are free. I would research the different schools first. Aadsas is the best place to start. There are some schools that only accept in-state students. Another awesome website is www.predents.com. This will break down pretty much what the aadsas booklet will tell you.

I went to every dental school's website and did my research there after checking predents. I didn't order the book. I wouldn't. I think its a waste of money. I made a list of the schools I wanted to apply to and then submitted my aadsas application.

It is best to finalize your thoughts first because adding schools can be a pain and it could take aadsas even longer to send your app out. I suggest making a final list before applying.
Good luck!