Can you apply with AMCAS with this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PrettyLadyDoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey SDNers!

I need some advice. I applied to med schools with the AMCAS 2009 and was rejected everywhere, unfortunately. So now I'm accepted at SGU (Caribbean school, huge opportunity) for Fall 2010 but I have a question. Does anybody know if it's okay to reapply for AMCAS 2010 while I'm holding a caribbean acceptance? Is this a huge ethical thing?

The problem is that I want to retake my MCAT and apply again to one school via EDP. I think I can get in with a higher MCAT, so I'm trying again. I just don't want to jeopardize my SGU acceptance if the reapplication doesn't work :(

Please help right away!!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm accepted at SGU (Caribbean school, huge opportunity) for Fall 2010 but I have a question.

1) Does anybody know if it's okay to reapply for AMCAS 2010 while I'm holding a caribbean acceptance?

2)Is this a huge ethical thing?

I just don't want to jeopardize my SGU acceptance if the reapplication doesn't work :(
1) Yes, it's OK.
2) No, it is not a problem.

SGU has no way of knowing that you've applied through AMCAS or AACOMAS. If you decide to go elsewhere, SGU will be consoled by the deposit you've put down and your polite letter of withdrawal which could be due to any number of reasons.

Thanks Mobius! You've put my mind at ease and I'm sending my AMCAS today. You rock!! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Won't you have started SGU even if you get in EDP? Were you just planning on dropping out if you were accepted?

If you have gotten in already, how are you starting Fall 2010? Did you defer?
In the caribbean, time spins a different tune. years are 720 days long and you can say when you want to start medical school.

If you have gotten in already, how are you starting Fall 2010? Did you defer?

Yep, I defered to next year. I didn't have the money to pay for school and neither of my parents wanted to help. Nice, huh? LOL