Can you get Early Interview Invites? Before Jan?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anomorato

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If everything goes well with your app, can you get an early interview invite from any of the DO schools, perhaps before January?
If so, have any gotten interview last yr (before Jan 07)?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

If everything goes well with your app, can you get an early interview invite from any of the DO schools, perhaps before January?

Thank you

Many many people have interviewed, accepted and paid deposits before January. Schools start as early as August/September for interviews.

Thank you

there's a thing called ... applying early. yea dude, it's quite a novel technique, i know. but yea dude, apply in the summer and you just MIGHT get that Fall interview ... :smuggrin: :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
there's a thing called ... applying early. yea dude, it's quite a novel technique, i know. but yea dude, apply in the summer and you just MIGHT get that Fall interview ... :smuggrin: :laugh:

:laugh: :smuggrin: :p You are always so charming Dr. Inviz....:rolleyes:

It depends on your stats and when you apply. Get your application in as soon as possible. Many people and are accepted long before January. I actually think that many of the schools already have at least half of their class filled by then.:luck:

Yah just apply as soon as AACOMAS is available. You can fill it out in May or something - send in your transcripts in May, too. It's submitted in June, though. People get invitations in August, accepted in September...but remember the earlier you get accepted, the earlier you have to send in your deposits - aka make up your mind! (Not as easy as I thought it was going to be, anyway!! LOL!!)

Thank you
Really?

it's definitely possible. i wrote my essays the week before the application process opened and sent it on the very first day. before i got the secondaries, i already had the answers to the essay thanks to the essay prompts thread on sdn. the day the secondaries came, my application was sent in or around 3 days. All interview invites came before october. and acceptances followed. all before november. so, my advice is apply early!

goodluck to you :)

Thank you

I had 2 interviews in Nov and 1 in Dec, and I submitted AACOMAS soon after it came out. Waiting for the August MCAT scores is what held me up.

well i am supposed to go to Australia and do my medicine there, but not I am conisidering applying to DO for 2008........ have a 3.34 gpa overall, 3.3 science, no MCAT yet.....
id appreciate it if you guys can share some of ur stats when u got in, just to have an idea where i stand

thanks

:laugh: :) Ya crack me up.

Seriously, OP, the earlier you apply, the sooner you begin hearing from schools.