Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

Can you get Early Interview Invites? Before Jan?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by anomorato, Feb 14, 2007.

1. anomorato

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    If everything goes well with your app, can you get an early interview invite from any of the DO schools, perhaps before January?
    If so, have any gotten interview last yr (before Jan 07)?

Thank you

2. FS-Pro

FS-Pro Guest

Medical Student
    Many many people have interviewed, accepted and paid deposits before January. Schools start as early as August/September for interviews.

3. Dr.Inviz

Dr.Inviz Membership Revoked
    Removed

Pre-Medical
    there's a thing called ... applying early. yea dude, it's quite a novel technique, i know. but yea dude, apply in the summer and you just MIGHT get that Fall interview ... :smuggrin: :laugh:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. DoctorMom78

DoctorMom78 Sky Glory
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    :laugh: :smuggrin: :p You are always so charming Dr. Inviz....:rolleyes:

It depends on your stats and when you apply. Get your application in as soon as possible. Many people and are accepted long before January. I actually think that many of the schools already have at least half of their class filled by then.:luck:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Orthodoc40

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Yah just apply as soon as AACOMAS is available. You can fill it out in May or something - send in your transcripts in May, too. It's submitted in June, though. People get invitations in August, accepted in September...but remember the earlier you get accepted, the earlier you have to send in your deposits - aka make up your mind! (Not as easy as I thought it was going to be, anyway!! LOL!!)

6. CTrainSJU

CTrainSJU MS I
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Really?

7. Kuba

Physician 10+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Attending Physician
    a whole lot of us had acceptances before December..

8. rub1003

rub1003 Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    it's definitely possible. i wrote my essays the week before the application process opened and sent it on the very first day. before i got the secondaries, i already had the answers to the essay thanks to the essay prompts thread on sdn. the day the secondaries came, my application was sent in or around 3 days. All interview invites came before october. and acceptances followed. all before november. so, my advice is apply early!

goodluck to you :)

9. pineapple

pineapple Guest

Medical Student
    I had 2 interviews in Nov and 1 in Dec, and I submitted AACOMAS soon after it came out. Waiting for the August MCAT scores is what held me up.

10. ShyRem

ShyRem I need more coffee.
    Physician Moderator Emeritus Verified Expert 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    When I applied I had an acceptance by October 3.

11. OP
    OP
    anomorato

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    well i am supposed to go to Australia and do my medicine there, but not I am conisidering applying to DO for 2008........ have a 3.34 gpa overall, 3.3 science, no MCAT yet.....
    id appreciate it if you guys can share some of ur stats when u got in, just to have an idea where i stand

thanks

12. spicedmanna

Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    :laugh: :) Ya crack me up.

Seriously, OP, the earlier you apply, the sooner you begin hearing from schools.

13. Kuba

Physician 10+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Attending Physician
    3.2/32M Applied June 26ish. Acceptance at NSU late october.