Can you guys help me build a school list?

Started by ach52
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ach52

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello fellow premeds,

I'm applying to medical school this year and I wanted to ask for help building a DO list. I currently live in Phoenix-metro Arizona and went to undergrad in Oregon with 2 years of work after graduation. I'm looking for help building a school list. I'm interested in a variety of specialties such as psychiatry, cardio-thoracic surgery, general surgery, orthopedic surgery, and neurology. I'm definitely going to apply to the two DO schools in Arizona (midwestern and AT stills) and also the ones in. Oregon and Washington state due to my Pacific Northwest ties. I also want to apply to schools in urban settings because I prefer the city life. I also applied to 25 MD schools a few weeks ago and am. currently working on secondaries for those. I'm probably going to apply to 15 DO schools

My states are:
26-year-old East Asian
Parents are immigrants from Asia
Overall GPA/Science GPA- 3.65/3.65
MCAT - 507
Research - ~2800 hours in a well known HIV lab
Volunteering - 150 hours in hospital + 200 hours tutoring local elementary school
Medical Scribe - 2000 hours on an Native American reservation outside Phoenix, AZ
Ecstatics - Intramurals, 4 year Hawaii club (Born and raised state of Hawaii), 4 years biology club with some leadership experiences in both, 1 year General Biology Teaching Assistant (150 hours)

That's about it. So if you guys could recommends schools that would be great. I'm going to apply for the NY, Philadelphia, and LA-metro schools. This is preference but I'm open to living anywhere.