This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deleted1241006

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone!

I am hoping to get some advice on my school list as I start pre-writing my secondaries as a CA resident.

Current list:

UCI
UCLA
UCSD
UCSF
georgeotown
UMASS
kimmel
creighton
wayne sttate
wake forest
temple
Drexel
quinnipac
tulane
CUSM
Rosalind franklin
UWASH (washington)
UCDavis
Albany
RUSH
MCW
UNReno
UNLV
UCRiv
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forums.

Where did you interview? Which state did you spend most of your childhood? You know if you claim three state residencies, you may as well claim none.

Do you have any service orientation activities, especially since graduating? Food distribution, shelter volunteer, job/tax preparation, legal support, transportation services, or housing rehabilitation? You must have 150 hours completed or your file will be at risk of getting screened out. Your list seems to have no such activities.

Explain an upward trend in a cumulative GPA of 3.95.
 
Hello, CA is primary state for my application, i am not claiming residencies in 3 states. Upward trend of gpa went 3.89 to 3.92 to 3.95 (year by year) with straight A's to end my final 9 quarters of college, if that qualifies as an upward trend. I do not have any community service since graduating, but I have continued to contribute to the two free clinics throughout the summer before starting my full time job, about 50 hours. I do not have any food pantry/shelter/etc. since graduating. No interviews. Thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Some schools screen at 150 hours for non clinical volunteering. Schools such as Rush, Georgetown, Creighton expect several hundred hours of non clinical volunteering. I suggest these schools with your stats:
Vermont
Quinnipiac
UMass
Albany
Penn State
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
George Washington
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
Wake Forest
Methodist
NOVA MD
Belmont
Alice Walton
Roseman
TCU
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Loma Linda (if you fit their mission)
California Northstate
California University
UC Davis
Kaiser
UC Riverside (only if you are from that region)
As a reapplicant also apply to DO schools and I suggest these:
WESTERN
TUCOM-CA
TUNCOM
AZCOM
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
DMU-COM
CCOM
MU-COM
NYITCOM
LECOM
Touro-NY
 
Upward trend of gpa went 3.89 to 3.92 to 3.95 (year by year) with straight A's to end my final 9 quarters of college, if that qualifies as an upward trend.
Not really. A 3.9 to a 3.9 isn't an upward trend. You must have had one A-minus or a B-plus? When you say this in front of others who have worked from a 2.5 GPA, your "upward trend" description comes across as tonedeaf. Or worse, perfectionist.
 
Not really. A 3.9 to a 3.9 isn't an upward trend. You must have had one A-minus or a B-plus? When you say this in front of others who have worked from a 2.5 GPA, your "upward trend" description comes across as tonedeaf. Or worse, perfectionist.
Understood, thank you! I was just referencing a previous post as a template and assumed it applied to me, but that's how we learn. Thank you again!
 
Some schools screen at 150 hours for non clinical volunteering. Schools such as Rush, Georgetown, Creighton expect several hundred hours of non clinical volunteering. I suggest these schools with your stats:
Vermont
Quinnipiac
UMass
Albany
Penn State
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
George Washington
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
Wake Forest
Methodist
NOVA MD
Belmont
Alice Walton
Roseman
TCU
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Loma Linda (if you fit their mission)
California Northstate
California University
UC Davis
Kaiser
UC Riverside (only if you are from that region)
As a reapplicant also apply to DO schools and I suggest these:
WESTERN
TUCOM-CA
TUNCOM
AZCOM
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
DMU-COM
CCOM
MU-COM
NYITCOM
LECOM
Touro-NY
Thank you!! I do have a follow-up question, how do they screen for the 150 hours? Like do they compare my applications year over year or just my ECCs, or expect it to come through in the secondary application, etc.?
 
Thank you!! I do have a follow-up question, how do they screen for the 150 hours? Like do they compare my applications year over year or just my ECCs, or expect it to come through in the secondary application, etc.?
They look at your application and view non clinical volunteering and they are looking for activities such as food bank or homeless shelter volunteering.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.