Can you have both an MD and DO acceptance after May 1st?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

caramelmacchiato22

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m currently fortunate to have both an MD and a DO acceptance, and I’m incredibly grateful for both opportunities. However, I’m still weighing a few important factors and don’t have time to make a final decision before May 1st due to personal emergency travel.

I wanted to ask: are applicants allowed to hold both an MD and a DO acceptance after May 1st while finalizing their decision, or are there guidelines I should be aware of?
 
Technically, AMCAS CYMS is only applicable to AMCAS schools. As Goro notes, AMCAS does not talk to AACOMAS or vice versa.

However, for your own sanity, your enrollment deposit/tuition bills are coming. You should make a decision after you know your financial aid packages. Your DO deposit is likely already non-refundable, and the AMCAS refundable deposit rule will be lifted soon.

 
Last edited: