Can you include Hobbies & Interest section into the resume?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ultimeaciax

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should I include that section in the resume?

Members don't see this ad.

Depends, what are you applying for?

I'm sorry, I seriously read the title as "Can you include Hobbits as interests...?"

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sorry, I seriously read the title as "Can you include Hobbits as interests...?"

Under "Hobbies" or "Other" as "exhaustive study of English fantasy literature?" If the application is to vet school, however, try including this:
funny-pictures-cat-golem-lotr.jpg

Although, in all seriousness, if it's AMCAS the OP is talking about, then yes, there is a place to enter in hobbies.:thumbup:

Only include this if your resume is really, *really* sparse. It has no place on a CV, and I'd hesitate to include it in the AMCAS profile.

how about hobbies like tennis?

I played varsity tennis in high school and in college I only play recreational tennis through my college tennis club. But I didn't compete or play IM, just for fun.

Should I include that section in the resume?

Never, ever do this. It's extremely unprofessional to list hobbies and interests on any resume. If an interviewer wants to get a feel for your personality, they might ask you what your interests are outside of work, but to present it plainly on your resume is generally a bad practice. It should be limited to high school students looking for a part-time job or college students with little to no experience.