Can you join residentswap w/o telling your PD?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

makethemostofit

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
like just to browse the listings. of course I would tell the PD if I was for sure switching

Members don't see this ad.

I imagine you could.

Another question. Do people actually successfully swap? I just think that if I was a PD and you came to me with a swap, I would say, "we will help you move on, but I don't want your resident swap, piss off."

Reactions: 2 users
I've mentioned that before. Residents aren't replaceable widgets. And it's not like a Peds PGY-1 and IM PGY-1 can just "swap spots".

I was going to point out that this is just as ridiculous as setting up a website where people unhappy in their marriage can find someone else to swap with -- seems like the spouses might have a say in that. But, then I thought: Someone's probably done that. And I bet someone will post it on this thread.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I've mentioned that before. Residents aren't replaceable widgets. And it's not like a Peds PGY-1 and IM PGY-1 can just "swap spots".

I was going to point out that this is just as ridiculous as setting up a website where people unhappy in their marriage can find someone else to swap with -- seems like the spouses might have a say in that. But, then I thought: Someone's probably done that. And I bet someone will post it on this thread.

I think a few major television networks have beat you to it!