Can you read through the entire Savarese Green Book in one day?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted978973

I kind of wanted to dedicate a whole day to doing this over spring break and then just reinforce with one of the various pre-made Anki decks people have made. Then during dedicated do another whole pass through the book and call it good. Anyone done this? Is the Green Book really all you need for Comlex 1?

Members don't see this ad.

The green book is really all you need. I've read it comfortably in 2 days and 3 days. Doing it in one day is certainly possible but my retention would have suffered

Reactions: 1 user
The green book is really all you need. I've read it comfortably in 2 days and 3 days. Doing it in one day is certainly possible but my retention would have suffered
When did you take Comlex 1? I've read they changed the question style in the past couple of years. Is it true that most of the OMM-focused questions are about cranial, viscerosomatics, or Chapman's points?

Members don't see this ad :)
2017. I would say that's accurate. With the occasional muscle energy or sacrum thrown in

When did you take Comlex 1? I've read they changed the question style in the past couple of years. Is it true that most of the OMM-focused questions are about cranial, viscerosomatics, or Chapman's points?

Only one sample here, but yeah that was all I got on my exam....I really wanted Sacrum questions...Not that those topics are in any way hard. There’s plenty of mnemonics out there that help with that stuff. I didn’t get anything that wasn’t in Savarese though.

Only one sample here, but yeah that was all I got on my exam....I really wanted Sacrum questions...Not that those topics are in any way hard. There’s plenty of mnemonics out there that help with that stuff. I didn’t get anything that wasn’t in Savarese though.
When did you take it?

50% of omm for me was probably viscerosomatics. I had a few cranial and sacrum, 1 chapman, and zero counterstrain. Lots of just understanding what position to put the patient in for ME and stuff.

I have taken all Level 1, 2, 3 and I can't tell you with certainty that I have read 100% of that book. Just pay attention in lectures and the 2 videos on Youtube have served me well

Lol people actually read that trash? Bruh go watch OMGOMT you’ll easily get at least 60-70% of the OMT questions correct. The remaining 30% is so wack you would have missed it regardless of what you studied

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Lol people actually read that trash? Bruh go watch OMGOMT you’ll easily get at least 60-70% of the OMT questions correct. The remaining 30% is so wack you would have missed it regardless of what you studied

Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Idk I bought it like 8 months ago and it's been sitting in a drawer ever since. I'd like to read the whole thing in one or two days to make it as painless as possible.

Viscerosomatics yes, but I only had one Chapman's point on my test last summer and that was the experience of most people I talked to about it.

A ton of stretching exercises and obscure names for tests and techniques that I didn’t know about until I went through my PMR rotation.

A ton of stretching exercises and obscure names for tests and techniques that I didn’t know about until I went through my PMR rotation.
Are they in the Green Book? If not what's a good resource to learn them?

Are they in the Green Book? If not what's a good resource to learn them?

Lol they were not in the green book. The best resource is to take all Comsaes and annotate stuff that you didn’t know and look them up yourself.

Lol they were not in the green book. The best resource is to take all Comsaes and annotate stuff that you didn’t know and look them up yourself.

Even then you will probably never know what the NBOME is saying the correct answer is. Some of their questions are horrendous

I have taken all Level 1, 2, 3 and I can't tell you with certainty that I have read 100% of that book. Just pay attention in lectures and the 2 videos on Youtube have served me well

Do you mind linking which YouTube videos you're referring to?

I kind of wanted to dedicate a whole day to doing this over spring break and then just reinforce with one of the various pre-made Anki decks people have made. Then during dedicated do another whole pass through the book and call it good. Anyone done this? Is the Green Book really all you need for Comlex 1?
I wouldn't bother looking at it until 1 week before COMLEX, 1 pass and you'll be good a week before and you'll be good. Bonus if you do the OMM-specific Q-bank that comes with the book (look at the code under the scratch off). I did this and scored really well

50% of omm for me was probably viscerosomatics. I had a few cranial and sacrum, 1 chapman, and zero counterstrain. Lots of just understanding what position to put the patient in for ME and stuff.
This is 100% true. Patient positioning is so important for the new style of COMLEX questions.