Can you send notarized copy of board scores/transcripts instead of original?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rochrome

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am in the process of filling out Pass applications for OMFS. Programs require that you send board scores/transcripts etc directly to the program.... but can they be notarized copies or must they be original?

Members don't see this ad.

original, and some programs require that they come directly from the school and not you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just send it how they want. It's not the situation in which to be the one weird application with something off. They have enough qualified applicants that they may just dismiss the whole thing because it's not to protocol.

Not the time to be seeing what can fly if you ask me. Just do it how they want, by the books.

I dunno, maybe they will applaud the frugality...I mean, an applicant to cheap to pay for transcripts and board scores probably won't waste gauze and suture material right?

transcripts and board scores must be original and in sealed envelopes. last year i just ordered a bunch of transcripts and board scores to myself (they come as smaller sealed envelopes in a bigger envelope) and then i sent each school all of their required stuff together. this keeps everything together and lessens the chance that the secretary will lose your stuff (which happens a lot).