can you tell me

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

A_shammoh

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello ,
I want to know if I can to get MD degree after DDS degree. ?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Yup, sure can.

Reactions: 1 users
First of all thank you because you answer me but

How long will take ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Programs vary but typically med school and dental school are 4 years each.

Thank you Gingerbread_Man for the replying

So if I continue will I get dual degree ?
And if I get dual degree will they give me the choice to choose where I want to work ?

Do you know if should I enter maxillofacial program to get MD degree?

Thanks fancymylotus for the encouragement
So I get MD degree in 4 years without omfs program or less than 4 years ?

If I had already DDS degree how long will take to get MD on your opinion ?

If I had already DDS degree how long will take to get MD on your opinion ?
The same amount of time if you didn't have a DDS degree. 4 years, then residency

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks sandmeezy
Can you tell me which is the best college for med ?

Members don't see this ad :)
The consensus seems to be whoever accepts you (in the US of course) is the best.

depends on where you want to practice. Im not sure which country you are from or your future plans, but if you want to practice in the US, any med school in the US will be perfectly fine.

In regards to mcat, the average mcat for matriculants in the us is a ~30.

are you planning on applying as an international student?

Actually yes
But I want somebody tell me the procedures

okay its very lengthy and complicated to explain step by step but I would go on https://www.aamc.org/students/aspiring/
It has a better, thorough explanation of the steps needed to be completed in this process. Better explanation than you would receive here. It details the process, and allows you to create an account to begin the application. If there are any questions you have after thoroughly going through that website, then we're here to help.

I would also suggest getting a subscription of MSAR, and figure out which schools in the US accept international students (that will cut your options in half so you wont be wasting your time). MSAR also talks about avg mcat, gpa, and so on of each schools average applicants.

edit: once again, let me reiterate purchasing the online subscription of MSAR. Every school is different, and every schools requirements are different. I would hate for you to apply to school A if you only have the requirements for school B

Yes fancymylotus
But miszfifi820 told me what should I do

OP, you will need a degree (or at least 3 years of schooling) in the US or Canada before being considered for admission to a US medical school. I'm saying this just in case you've already done a DDS abroad and now wish to earn a medical degree n the US.

Thanks all for your encouragement
I appreciate that