Can you update your AMCAS gpa?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Liz10185

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

If I submit the AMCAS as early as possible, would I be able to submit my summer course grades later on and have them recalculate my gpa? Or would I just have to send the grade update to each school individually... I feel like this would have less of an impact though because I don't know if the schools will go through the process of recalculating my gpa... any thoughts? Should I just wait until Aug/Sept to submit the AMCAS?

As a note, I will be a reapplicant- I applied this year and didn't do too well, which I think is mostly a result of my Orgo grade (which I will retake over the summer) and waiting pretty much until the deadline to submit secondaries (which is why I want to get in my apps as soon as possible next time)

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

No, you'll have to send grade updates to schools on your own. and DO NOT under any circumstance wait until August to submit your AMCAS.

So you're retaking orgo in summer of 2007 then? If it was the orgo grade that kept you out, I would say that you need to have that on the AMCAS to counterract or at least balance the previous grade. You do need to consider that the earlier your amcas is in, the better, (i.e. june >> august>>>>>>>october) Perhaps you should fill out your AMCAS, have it complete by june, wait to submit it until you can at least put in one of your summer orgo grades (assuming you're redoing the whole year?) to show that you're doing much better. Are you on summer quaters (three terms) or semesters (two terms?) This strategy is only really advisable if you're on quarters since you would be able to submit in July.

I will be done w/ Orgo I on June 22 and Orgo II on Aug. 3. So maybe you're right and I should submit right after I get my Orgo I grade...