Canadian Applicant - should I add more schools? Chances with my stat?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

leeyj91

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I know SO many people post about this, but I could not find information about Canadian applicants, so I have just decided to post another annoying post about chances and all that...

This is my first time applying to US schools, and my application will be mailed out this coming Friday, as I just got my GPA verified! (FINALLY.) I really hope I will still be Pre-Dec. Or do you think I will most likely be Post Dec?

I have a B. Sc. and will be obtaining Bachelor in Business Administration in April.
Here are my stats:
BCP : 3.65
Science: 3.66
Non-Science: 4.21
Total: 3.83

My Canadian DAT score is:
Bio: 18
Chem: 20
RC: 19
AA: 19
Perception: 17

I know my DAT score is very low, so I am quite concerned about my stats.

I have applied to:
BU
USC
UConn
UDetroitMercy
UMaryland
UMichigan
UNewEngland
UPitt

Should I add more schools or do you think I have a pretty good chance of getting interviews at these schools?

Thanks in advance! Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Do you think my low DAT score can affect my admission? I will add Buffalo and Minnesota thanks @BlackThought !

Members don't see this ad :)
copied this from excel so it doesn't look that appealing but I made this list from the ADEA guide. I'm also a Canadian and these are the schools that I applied to that seemed more on the Canadian friendly side in terms of accepting a decent amount of us.

School Name- International Student Accepted // Canadian Accepted

Boston Universit 7 13
Buffalo SUNY
California Heran Ostrow ( USC) 9 NR
Case Western 14 8
Columbuia 4 3
Detroit Mercy - Michigan 40 33
Indiana 2? 3
Michigan 8 5
Minnesota 4 6
NOVA - Florida 7 4
NYU 88 46
Pacific - CA 6 4
Pittsburgh 4 2
Roseman 4 4
Temple - Penn 5 2
Upenn 17 10

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
With relatively less schools to choose from, it's not a bad idea to apply to places that accept Canadians.

So I am thinking of adding Minnesota, Buffalo, and NOVA... I am not sure about UPenn. Cost wise, would it be a lot more expensive to go to UPenn compared to other schools? Or is it about the same? I just don't know if it would be worth trying with my stats for UPenn

So I am thinking of adding Minnesota, Buffalo, and NOVA... I am not sure about UPenn. Cost wise, would it be a lot more expensive to go to UPenn compared to other schools? Or is it about the same? I just don't know if it would be worth trying with my stats for UPenn

Its going to be expensive as a Canadian regardless (not taking scholarships into consideration). I'd add Penn to your list though. It may end up being more expensive that other schools, but considering your stats (which are decent), I'd apply broadly. That being said, the number of Canadians in any given year at Penn fluctuates a lot. Some years there are 4 while other years there are like 10. Kind of unpredictable.