WAMC as a Canadian Applicant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentistrypapi

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! Just wondering WAMC as a Canadian graduate applicant.

My stats -->

Overall GPA: 3.89
Science GPA: 3.88
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.87
DAT score (include AA and all sections): 20AA 19 Bio 19 Chem (19TS) 19 PAT 22 Reading
State of Residence: Canada

Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Non-trad?
No

School list:
BU GSDM
Case Western
USC
Marquette
Midwestern-Arizona
NYU
Nova
Temple
Buffalo
UDM
Minnesota
UPenn
Pacific

Members don't see this ad.

Well based purely stats wise, you applied to most of the Canadian friendly schools. So hopefully you’ll hear back from a couple.

Unsure of your ECs, volunteer work or letters so I can’t speak to that since it isn’t here. It would help to know if you have some volunteer hours and what type of letters you have.

But regardless, use SDN interview pages for the schools to help prep for your interviews

Reactions: 1 users
Well based purely stats wise, you applied to most of the Canadian friendly schools. So hopefully you’ll hear back from a couple.

Unsure of your ECs, volunteer work or letters so I can’t speak to that since it isn’t here. It would help to know if you have some volunteer hours and what type of letters you have.

But regardless, use SDN interview pages for the schools to help prep for your interviews
Thanks so much for your reply! I'll try to summarize everything to the best of my abilities.

LORs from 2 graduate professors, a research professor and a general dentist
Shadowing: around 200 hours with the general dentist
Volunteering: dental experience around 250 hours working at the clinic dealing with reception-related tasks, prepping and sanitizing operatories, about 200 hours tutoring
ECs: general involvement in clubs during undergrad, participated in a case competition (turned this into a research project and got a manuscript out of it)
Employment: two jobs both in tutoring/mentorship roles (about 1200 hours combined)
Research: about 400 hours between two projects

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Nice. So any community service where you are serving others not like yourself that had nothing to do with education or healthcare? Any work with racial minorities and marginalized populations? What is your mission fit and how does it align with the American schools you are applying to?

Reactions: 1 user
Yes for sure! So one of the tutoring jobs was organizing and overseeing the free tutoring porgrams offered by the organization for newcomers to Canada. In this job, I not only oversaw the program but also managed the volunteers (conducting reference checks + interviews). I volunteered for the same organization before I got the job and my role was of a volunteer tutor where we worked with newcomers and marginalized youth within the community, helping with literacy. Both my volunteering and jobs were education related so nothing else.