Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry if this has been asked before but I'm getting mixed answers from various sources!
For any Canadians out there wanting to apply to US veterinary colleges (thinking of a few UK/Australia/West Indies ones also), do you know if we have to submit our transcript to the foreign transcript evaluation services e.g. WES?
I know on the VMCAS instructions, it says Canadians do not. But I've called a few schools' admissions office and some of them say I do (But I have a feeling some of them are wrong 😛). I am really hoping that I don't have to (so expensive! 😱)
But if I don't, how would I know how to self-report my grades on VMCAS application and each school's supplemental applications? FYI, my school reports letter grades on the transcripts. If I was self-reporting, am I supposed to just input whatever letter grade appears on my transcript?
Some admission offices I've called have said that they cannot give me a conversion guide unless they actually see my transcript and some schools have told me to just follow the regular 4.00/letter grade scale.
This GPA conversion is really driving me crazy 😕 I would really like to know how my grades would be converted so I can at least get a sense of what my GPA would be compared with accepted students, without having to submit my transcript for a $160 evaluation. If anyone has any experience with this, please help!
For any Canadians out there wanting to apply to US veterinary colleges (thinking of a few UK/Australia/West Indies ones also), do you know if we have to submit our transcript to the foreign transcript evaluation services e.g. WES?
I know on the VMCAS instructions, it says Canadians do not. But I've called a few schools' admissions office and some of them say I do (But I have a feeling some of them are wrong 😛). I am really hoping that I don't have to (so expensive! 😱)
But if I don't, how would I know how to self-report my grades on VMCAS application and each school's supplemental applications? FYI, my school reports letter grades on the transcripts. If I was self-reporting, am I supposed to just input whatever letter grade appears on my transcript?
Some admission offices I've called have said that they cannot give me a conversion guide unless they actually see my transcript and some schools have told me to just follow the regular 4.00/letter grade scale.
This GPA conversion is really driving me crazy 😕 I would really like to know how my grades would be converted so I can at least get a sense of what my GPA would be compared with accepted students, without having to submit my transcript for a $160 evaluation. If anyone has any experience with this, please help!