Canadian citizen but US PharmD grad...

Started by afsd330
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

afsd330

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Fourth year US pharmacy student here... While applying for jobs I have run into some companies that have said I am not eligible for employment with them as based on non US citizenship... Have any other foreign citizens in US schools had this happen to them? Any advice on how to approach this? As a Canadian citizen...need a job offer to obtain a TN Visa....
 
That may be a company policy, but I honestly can't think of any pharmacy company that doesn't hire non-citizens. What companies want to know is if you can legally work in the US, are you allowed to work while you are here on a student visa? I'm not sure what a TN visa is, pharmacists I've known from other countries who've been working here did so on an HB1 visa (I believe the companies arranged it the HB1 visa for the pharmacist.) I would talk to your school, surely you aren't the first foreign student to graduate, so they maybe be able to steer you in the right direction.
 
only place I know of that won't hire a non-us citizen (provided they have the proper visa) is the VA