Canadian citizen wants to practice in US after degree from Ireland.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

monkeydocta

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I am a third year Bio major in Canada and this year I am just applying for the IRISH schools. Next year I will be applying everywhere else. I am a Canadian citizen but I wish to practice in US. Could someone please tell how easy/hard it is for a canadian citizen to practice in US after finishing studies from an Irish school?
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

monkeydocta said:
Hi Everyone,
I am a third year Bio major in Canada and this year I am just applying for the IRISH schools. Next year I will be applying everywhere else. I am a Canadian citizen but I wish to practice in US. Could someone please tell how easy/hard it is for a canadian citizen to practice in US after finishing studies from an Irish school?
Thanks.
You'll hear and read a lot of things on here but I'll make it simple for you:

Write the USMLE and get a test score 1 standard deviation above the American norm and you'll have no problems what so ever. You'll get something great.

As long you do at least as well as the average score you'll get a job somewhere. Just passing you'll find it tough.

So if you have your eyes on the prize from day 1 you'll be in good shape!