Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Canadian DAT -- ANYONE??

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by UofT-Girl, Apr 14, 2004.

1. UofT-Girl

UofT-Girl Member
    5+ Year Member

If any felloww Canadians could help out:

How did you study for the canadian DAT?
    Is the Kaplan book enough ?

thanks in advance for any inputs!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Woodsy

Woodsy S-D-N Blue Blood
    7+ Year Member

FINALLY!

Hey sup? I took it. Yeah the kaplan book is enough for chemistry and most bio questions. You might want to supplement some of the animal phyla stuff by reading a bio textbook and reading some stuff about human anatomy and physiology with an MCAT prep guide. I used Barrons and kaplan. As you know we have a harder DAT. So you might want to get more practice with PAT as well. Barrons, kaplan, top score, and there's this one on PAT that you can pick up at U of T.

Good luck!

4. Bickle

Bickle future NYC taxi driver
    10+ Year Member

I thought the Kaplan book was fine. Also check out the booklet the CDA has. They have good sample questions for all sections.

As for the carving, one word: PRACTICE. Buy the green soap from the CDA, not the other stuff. If you get the right schematic, the soap can be a breeze, but if you get a hard carving, the soap can be a nightmare.

5. UofT-Girl

UofT-Girl Member
    5+ Year Member

THANKS so much u guys! :)

6. Dr.BadVibes

Dr.BadVibes Membership Revoked
    Removed

Actually Woodsy, this is not true. I feel that the American DAT is more challenging......it includes an organic chem section and a math section. Also the PAT is on a computer screen which makes it harder and I believe doing reading comp on the computer is also more challenging.

Its true that the Canadian DAT has carving, but this score doesnt matter for UofT or American schools, so who cares.......Because of this, Canadian DAT is much easier.

7. UofT-Girl

UofT-Girl Member
    5+ Year Member

hey guys,

After writing the Canadian DAT.. do we get our results right away?? -- or would we have to wait for our results to come in the mail?

8. Bickle

Bickle future NYC taxi driver
    10+ Year Member

The canadian dat isnt computerized. So yes, you do have to wait a while to get your results back.

9. jaeden

jaeden New Member

It takes a little while to get the scores. I wrote on Feb 21 this year and got my scores in the first week of April, so ~ 6 weeks.

10. Woodsy

Woodsy S-D-N Blue Blood
    7+ Year Member

My friend took both. He said that the American one was way easier. I actually had a practice DAT on me that I took for the American version. I think it's easier as well. The science questions for bio are harder and the PAT shapes are harder for the Canadian one. NOt to mention that people tend to do better on the Canadian one so it skews the curve. It is harder to get a better mark.

11. Woodsy

Woodsy S-D-N Blue Blood
    7+ Year Member

Clarification when I said do better meaning they get more answers correctly, however, it does not translate to a better score.