Smooth Operater

don't bug "operatEr"!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 22, 2004
1,285
1
Status (Visible)
Hello guys! I am planning to take the DAT this summer, and I probably will take the Canadian version if most private American schools accept Canadian DAT. So far I have gathered that NYU, Temple, Tuft, and UOP welcome Canadians. If you know any other Canadian friendly schools or have Canadians in you school, please list them down, so I can find out whether those schools take Canadian DAT score. Thank guys as always! :thumbup: :love:
 

The Musketeer

Guardian of Justice
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2004
1,030
3
Cleveland (ON, Can)
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
You can add Case, Detroit Mercy, BU to your list. Basically, most of the private schools are pretty much Canadian-friendly.

Smooth Operater said:
Hello guys! I am planning to take the DAT this summer, and I probably will take the Canadian version if most private American schools accept Canadian DAT. So far I have gathered that NYU, Temple, Tuft, and UOP welcome Canadians. If you know any other Canadian friendly schools or have Canadians in you school, please list them down, so I can find out whether those schools take Canadian DAT score. Thank guys as always! :thumbup: :love:
 

pbure

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 22, 2004
688
0
40
Canada
Status (Visible)
The Musketeer said:
You can add Case, Detroit Mercy, BU to your list. Basically, most of the private schools are pretty much Canadian-friendly.

I plan on applying to Pacific in mid-may (barring any miracle this cycle). Does anyone know for sure if they are Canadian friendly? I would love to go there and finish up in 3 years instead of 4. Also, as you can see my DAT's are much better than my GPA, I have heard they are forgiving in terms of GPA if you can pull off a 20+ academic and science average..is this accurate?
Just to be sure..UOP does mean Pacific right? and not University of Pittsburgh..
 
About the Ads

UofT-Girl

Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2004
89
0
37
Toronto, Canada
Status (Visible)
Hey guys, i was wondering if anyone here could provide some input..

I'm Canadian, born and raised in canada, however, i'm now a resident of Indiana. Although i still study at a Canadian University.. how would my application be looked at? -- would i still be considered as a Candian Applicant?

hmmm.. just a bit confused about this! :confused:

any input?
 

Smooth Operater

don't bug "operatEr"!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 22, 2004
1,285
1
Status (Visible)
I think Mr. Bad is in the same situation as you. Maybe he can help out.

I am a BC resident. It seems most of private schools you guys listed are in East Coast. Are there any schools in west coast or close to it?
 

Hot-n-Aml

Part-time Canadian...
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 26, 2003
274
0
41
Pittsburgh...at the moment
Status (Visible)
I'm Canadian and go to UPitt, and I do consider them Canadian friendly since they have at least 1-2 Canadians per class.



______________________________________________
UPitt, SDM, Class of 2007
 

Dr.BadVibes

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Sep 1, 2003
2,476
3
40
Toronto, Centre of Canada
Status (Visible)
UofT-Girl said:
Hey guys, i was wondering if anyone here could provide some input..

I'm Canadian, born and raised in canada, however, i'm now a resident of Indiana. Although i still study at a Canadian University.. how would my application be looked at? -- would i still be considered as a Candian Applicant?

hmmm.. just a bit confused about this! :confused:

any input?

yup...im in the exact same position...and you wont be looked at as a Canadian, but as an American resident who goes to a Canadian school...you wont be put at any disadvantage at all.....basically when you are in the US, just dont mention your Canadian links as best as possible. So on any US document including AADSAS and secondaries, you should ALWAYS have your US address which goes for loan applications as well....have everything sent to your Indiana address...basically when your in the US, just think of yourself as an American....
 

Smooth Operater

don't bug "operatEr"!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 22, 2004
1,285
1
Status (Visible)
do most of private schools that accept Canadians also accept Canadian DAT as their requirement? I checked out some of school's website and some didn't really mention about Canadian DAT.
 

mwsung

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2004
213
0
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
Smooth Operater said:
do most of private schools that accept Canadians also accept Canadian DAT as their requirement? I checked out some of school's website and some didn't really mention about Canadian DAT.

Yes, they all accept Canadian DAT. I think it's our advantage cuz we don't have org.chem.

So, you are probably ready, but for those of you who aren't, get your LORs and transcripts prepared, and apply as soon as AADSAS online system becomes available.

Good luck to you all
 

UofT-Girl

Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2004
89
0
37
Toronto, Canada
Status (Visible)
On the Canadian DAT, we have a carving section. Since this section isn't on the American DAT, will carving be disregarded for Canadian applicants?
 
About the Ads
This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

  1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.