Canadian going to Sydney (Physiotherapy) 150k tuition

Started by KAYQ
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

KAYQ

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi All,

I am Canadian resident looking to apply to one of Australia's physiotherapy program.
Recently been thinking of applying to MSc Physiotherapy in Australia (Sydney University). All seems nice and sweet till I calculated Tuition Cost + Living expenses. Tuition is 100k + 40-50k in living expenses, etc.:smack: The numbers are in Canadian Dollars, as CAD and AUD are very much equal at this moment.

U.S. programs are out of the way due to multiple Pre-req's which I do not have (chem, physics and etc.) Being international grad it would still be over 100k (given today's economy 1 USD= 1.40 CAD).

I seriously started to question the real reason whether it really worth spending 150k on a profession where an average Canadian salary range from 60-75k (some make more). No matter how much I love physiotherapy, but slaving off 10-15 years at $1400-$1800 monthly payments, doesn't sound very appealing.
Guys what are your thoughts about this whole scenario ? Worth it or not?

Appreciate advice/comments.
 
Last edited:
What are your other options? Can you go cheaper in Canada? Personally, I think it's waaaay too much $$ to spend.
 
Canada is very reasonable $20-25K for 2 years. But its EXTREMELY competitive, GPA well over 3.8-3.85 for application pool. Its easier to get into MED in USA that Physio in Canada. LOL

But Australian education of $150K (all included) is well over the board. The only solution is to work in Australia for 5 years or so, dirt poor as everything is very expensive there. Trying to pay off education to the minimum says 30-40k. Then come back to Canada.