Canadian GPA Conversion?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tunkure

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a Canadian Student interested in dental school in the states. I'm in second year right now so I won't be applying this cycle (probably next cycle). My school currently uses a 4.3 system (A+=4.3, A=4.0, A-=3.7.....) so I was wondering how AADSAS would convert this into a 4.0 system. Is a Canadian A treated the same as an A from a US School? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

In fact, AADSAS uses a 4.3 system.

Members don't see this ad :)
In fact, AADSAS uses a 4.3 system.
So my Canadian GPA would be the GPA shown on AADSAS? Because in Canada an A+ is 90+, A is 85-85, etc. and I know that it is different in the states

So my Canadian GPA would be the GPA shown on AADSAS? Because in Canada an A+ is 90+, A is 85-85, etc. and I know that it is different in the states
They won't ask you for numbers. They will ask you to put the letter grade. So, if you put A+ they will count it as 4.3. They won't ask if it was a 90 or a 98. So, you pretty much have an advantage over us here. A+ is 97+.

AADSAS uses the OMSAS conversion table to convert all Canadian University grades to a 4.0 scale. The 4.0 grades are then converted to the AADSAS 4.3 scale.

The table can be found here. https://www.ouac.on.ca/guide/omsas-conversion-table/

You can confirm this with AADSAS by giving them a call, I have asked them this question many times.

Reactions: 1 user
AADSAS uses the OMSAS conversion table to convert all Canadian University grades to a 4.0 scale. The 4.0 grades are then converted to the AADSAS 4.3 scale.

The table can be found here. https://www.ouac.on.ca/guide/omsas-conversion-table/

You can confirm this with AADSAS by giving them a call, I have asked them this question many times.
Thanks! How does the 4.0 OMSAS scale get converted into the 4.3 scale?