China and Eastern Asia Canadian grad working in China?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

LittleLily

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know this topic has been posted before, but I want to find out if somebody has any information about working in China as a doctor. I am in my last year of medical school, and hoping to do internal medicine. I imigrated from China a number of years ago as a child, but would like to go back to practice after residency. In particular, I am interested in working in a private hospital or where English would be spoken. I have good conversational Chinese skills but not great on the written. My questions are:

1. What examinations do I have to pass in order to work in China?
2. Are there hospitals/clinics looking to hire foreign trained doctors?
3. How is the work environment/compensation?
4. How about working in Taiwan?

Thanks a lot if you could give me direction on any of the above questions!
 
Anybody know anything about working in China as a foreign grad? Exams to pass.. places to work... etc?? Thx!
 
Anybody know anything about working in China as a foreign grad? Exams to pass.. places to work... etc?? Thx!

i was current living in China mainland, and i got a few of my relatives working in the hospital in China. maybe i can give you some suggestions.
do u have any communication tool like MSN messenger?
here is mine [email protected]