Canadian High stats Mediocre ECs WAMC and school list help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Xefos

Reaction score
I would like to start by thanking @Faha and @Goro for their critique a few months back. I really appreciate it, and I did not get to thank you two before.

I have good stats, but I am often told I have middling ECs (some of you guys are crazy with ECs). I am a little concerned that my ECs are not good enough for someone not from the US. I am looking for a school list for this. Any input would be great. @Banco, your input here would be great too.

Hours listed are completely by the end of May. Hours in brackets are total hours, including projected hours.

GPA: 3.91

MCAT: 521 (131/128/131/131)

State: N/A, Canada not US citizen

Asian Male

Undergrad: Canadian Uni, Finishing up junior year

Clinical experience: 200 (500) hours hospital volunteering and 120 (200) hours Covid-19 vaccination clinic volunteering.

Research experience and productivity
: 300 (600) hours as a research assistant in a lab studying surgical skills. No pubs. Future poster this summer.

Shadowing experience and specialities represented: 10 hours plastic surgery, 10 hours radiology, 15 hours virtual.

Non-clinical volunteering: 600 hours volunteering as a taekwondo instructor for a local dojo, work mostly with kids, and sometimes as a judge/referee/coach for inhouse tournaments.

Other extracurricular activities (including athletics, military service, gap year activities, leadership, teaching, etc.): MCAT tutoring 150 hours.

Relevant honours or awards: Dean’s list x3, one scholarship for academic performance, 2nd Dan Taekwondo black belt (unsure if this is relevant) and some tournament trophies (nothing big, just locals and regionals).

School list:

Michigan state

NYMC

Georgetown

Tulane

Wayne state

George Washington

Virginia Commonwealth

Wisconsin

Sidney Kimmel

Dartmouth

St. Louis

West Virginia

Stony Brook

Louisiana State

SUNY Upstate

Emory

BostonU

Case Western

Harvard

Mount Sinai

Brown

Duke

UCLA

Mayo

Pitts

Colorado

Illinois

Washington University

I feel kind of silly putting some of these here, so please do tell me which to remove.

I feel some amount of pressure to apply this cycle since I took my MCAT on 9/2020, so I only have two cycles before it expires.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Louisiana State is a state public school that admitted no international applicants last year. You should receive some interviews with your stats.

Louisiana State is a state public school that admitted no international applicants last year. You should receive some interviews with your stats.
Thanks Faha! Do you think more high tiers are out of the question? I can afford to apply to more places.
I’m also considering DO as well. But I’m not sure if this is overkill.

Thanks Faha! Do you think more high tiers are out of the question? I can afford to apply to more places.
I’m also considering DO as well. But I’m not sure if this is overkill.
You seem to have most of the schools that accept significant international applicants. You could add some DO schools that accept international applicants.