Canadian NDEB released questions - Why are most Qs so poorly written?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dentistforyou

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Majority of these questions are very poorly written - some of them are straight out stupid questions.

Some questions require esoteric/trivial knowledges even professors can't answer.

Do these Qs actually show up in the real test?

Is the real test as weird as the released Qs?

Members don't see this ad.

The questions are very poorly written on the practice exams released. That is why they are released, they are no longer used on the exam. However, there are other poorly written questions on the exam as well, with multiple correct answers, you just need to do you best.

BE CAREFUL! With the most recent version of released questions. It is just over 300 pages long so alot easier to make it through. The version released two years ago was 600+ pages long and more difficult to go through. All the questions in the new version are in the old version, the basically just took out 300 pages but a TON of the questions they took out between the two versions were on the exam. I did the 600 page version, some of my friends did the 300 page, and I was able to see almost double the repeats they did.

Last edited by a moderator:
The questions are very poorly written on the practice exams released. That is why they are released, they are no longer used on the exam. However, there are other poorly written questions on the exam as well, with multiple correct answers, you just need to do you best.

BE CAREFUL! With the most recent version of released questions. It is just over 300 pages long so alot easier to make it through. The version released two years ago was 600+ pages long and more difficult to go through. All the questions in the new version are in the old version, the basically just took out 300 pages but a TON of the questions they took out between the two versions were on the exam. I did the 600 page version, some of my friends did the 300 page, and I was able to see almost double the repeats they did.

Your advise isn't very appreciated because I know for fact that you are SELLING the material (one of my buddy emailed you before on a different post only to get a response from you asking money for the materials. Also, please don't bull**** about having double the repeats using your 600 page version. The 300 page version has exactly the same questions - they just removed the repeated Qs that the 600 page version has. Some Qs on the 600 version had 5 repeats of the same Qs - that's why it was so long - NOT because they had twice as many Qs. But I guess you already know this - you are just trying to fool people into buying your materials by intentionally distributing false info. Very bad!

PS: Also, you first said that the released Qs are no longer used on the exams, and yet you said you and your friends had many repeats on the real test from the released Qs. Doesn't make any sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
So lets get your math correct here. Your saying the difference between the 600 page version and the 300 page version is just repeated questions?

So that means there are 300 extra pages, approximately 10-12 questions per page, so 300 x 12 = 3600 repeated questions in the longer version?

You my friend have no clue what you are talking about! Yes, there are some repeated questions, but there are not 3600 of them. How about you write the exam, successfully pass it, and become a successful dentist in Canada before you weigh in on things.

The exam is marked relative to everyone else taking it. You are obviously accusing me of things, telling people my advice isn't correct all because you want everyone else to fail so that you can pass the exam. To all those taking the upcoming exam, listen to my wise words from someone who has passed the exam, not someone who you are competing against!

Best of luck to all.......

Members don't see this ad :)
So lets get your math correct here. Your saying the difference between the 600 page version and the 300 page version is just repeated questions?

So that means there are 300 extra pages, approximately 10-12 questions per page, so 300 x 12 = 3600 repeated questions in the longer version?

You my friend have no clue what you are talking about! Yes, there are some repeated questions, but there are not 3600 of them. How about you write the exam, successfully pass it, and become a successful dentist in Canada before you weigh in on things.

The exam is marked relative to everyone else taking it. You are obviously accusing me of things, telling people my advice isn't correct all because you want everyone else to fail so that you can pass the exam. To all those taking the upcoming exam, listen to my wise words from someone who has passed the exam, not someone who you are competing against!

Best of luck to all.......

DEAR MOD, please ban this person. He previously used a similar email address of [email protected] (drdat.net is his website, by the way, where he sells DAT materials). If you need proof, I will forward the email from him to you. I got it forwarded by a friend who emailed him after reading his post from sdn (where he said he wanted to help people prepare for the canadian NDEB), just to get a reponse asking money for his material ($49 !!!!).

Oh, and just so others don't get tricked by his BS, here is a quote of a post which explains that the 600 page one has the same number of Qs as the 300 page one:

NDEB (Canadian) Released Questions - Answers?
from where did u download 660 pages of released questions?

its at the ndeb website. they now put up a 390 page version i belive. its the same as the 660 packet. the difference is they shuffled the questions and ommitted repeat questions. the 660 packet would have many question repeated 5 or more times, when you remove the duplicates its about 390 pages. it available at their website.

Last edited:
Just because you highlight words and put them in red, doesn't mean I wrote them. Anyone can type that. In fact the quote in which you put up there are considerable amount of grammatical errors (capitals, spelling errors, etc), where you can check back on all of my previous posts and none of these exist. There are a number of others posting similar items as myself, sorry you are mistaken.

You really have too much time on your hands dentistforyou. Perhaps you should post less and study more so one day you can become a dentist in Canada like me. Good luck!

DEAR MOD, please ban this person. He previously used a similar email address of [email protected] (drdat.net is his website, by the way, where he sells DAT materials). If you need proof, I will forward the email from him to you. I got it forwarded by a friend who emailed him after reading his post from sdn (where he said he wanted to help people prepare for the canadian NDEB), just to get a reponse asking money for his material ($49 !!!!).

Oh, and just so others don't get tricked by his BS, here is a quote of a post which explains that the 600 page one has the same number of Qs as the 300 page one:

NDEB (Canadian) Released Questions - Answers?
from where did u download 660 pages of released questions?

its at the ndeb website. they now put up a 390 page version i belive. its the same as the 660 packet. the difference is they shuffled the questions and ommitted repeat questions. the 660 packet would have many question repeated 5 or more times, when you remove the duplicates its about 390 pages. it available at their website.

Just because you highlight words and put them in red, doesn't mean I wrote them. Anyone can type that. In fact the quote in which you put up there are considerable amount of grammatical errors (capitals, spelling errors, etc), where you can check back on all of my previous posts and none of these exist. There are a number of others posting similar items as myself, sorry you are mistaken.

You really have too much time on your hands dentistforyou. Perhaps you should post less and study more so one day you can become a dentist in Canada like me. Good luck!

What are you talking about?
Here is the source of the post:
http://thehealthscience.com/archive/index.php/t-263584.html

Virtually anybody who prepares for the Canadian NDEB knows that the 300 page version has the same questions as the 600 page version - they just cut off the repeat Qs. Also, if you want me to, I can simply post a picture of the email you sent to a friend where you were asking for money ($49) for your materials. That will end the deal, right? Got anything to defend yourself?

PS: DEAR MOD, I can either post the image capture of his email here or report it to you. I can't stand some low life selling copyrighted materials on this board while distributing false info.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.