Canadian NDSE

Started by lacey17
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lacey17

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys ,
So I’m a peds resident here in US and thinking of practicing in Canada as a pediatric dentist after I graduate to be closer to my family who recently moved up there.. I was told I have to take NDSE exam , it says on the website that application fee is $450 and examination fee is $7000 ,, anyone knows what this examination fee is all about ? I’m so shocked if I have to pay almost 7500k just to take the test ! Am I reading this right?
Thanks
 
It's $7000 Canadian so it's roughly like $5 USD
Wow that was funny :S

If you were actually smart you would've studied dentistry in Canada and saved yourself a lifetime of debt by taking advantage of the exchange rate

But yes, the Canadian specialty exams are a complete rip off. There's no way to justify it, other than, "too bad, you have no choice". Except you do have a choice, go work in the US instead of paying it. That's what I did
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Currently a 3rd prosthodontics resident looking to take Canadian boards in June. Anyone know why the pass rate for the prosth NDSE is so low?
5/11 passed in 2023 (45%)
7/21 passed in 2024 (33%)

Meanwhile pretty much all other specialties have pass rates over 80%. This exam is needed for licensing (different from rcdc fellowship exam or ABP) so why are people getting burned like this?
 
Hi ,
I’m pediatric dental resident in US. I’m planning to go back to Canada . I’m not sure how to prepare for Canadian written peds board . Is there anyone else who was in same situation as me and passed the Canadian board . Should I prepare differently for Canadian board compare to American one ?I would appreciate your help
 
Last edited: