Canadian needing some help with AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

deacon

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am a bit confused with the US applications...If you file your applications with AMCAS now, are you applying for Early Decision? It says on the AMCAS website that you can only apply to one school for the early decision applications. Also, when it means to complete your applications with AMCAS, does this includes LOR, secondaries, transcripts etc.? Also, is there an order when you can submit things? (eg. submitting AMCAS online first, then transcripts/LOR)
Another thing, if you write on a certain topic on the AMCAS can you refer to it again in your secondaries? What kinds of questions do the secondaries ask?
thanks so much

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,

I'm from Toronto, and I'm experiencing some of the same anxieties/problems. The OMSAS (Ontario) application service seems far more straightforward. However, I think you can register to apply right now (even if you're not going for early admission). At the very least, you might want to register your account.

You are not applying early decision if you submit now unless you explicitly choose to do so.
Your application is complete with AMCAS when you have submitted and your transcript has been verified.
Secondaries are when you send in LOR's. Topics for essays can be found at the top of this forum under a post entitled "Secondary Thread Prompts".

Members don't see this ad :)
So the best thing to do is to complete the AMCAS online application as soon as possible to ensure that it will not be considered late? is that what "late" or "early" refers to?

Since schools are on rolling admissions i.e. they interview and accept people as the apps come in it is in your best interest to submit as early as possible and interview early as well. Late is considered having your app complete after the August MCATers have received their scores.