Canadian or US match first, in 2006?

Started by gotrumpet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

gotrumpet

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all do u know if the Canadian match will happen before the US one in 2006? Cuz I'm thinking whether or not I should apply to US.

Traditionally the US match happens earlier. So if you get accepted to the US, you are automatically pulled out of the Canadian one, by default.

I'd prefer Canada since it would be easier for me in terms of having people around I know.

Thanks
 
This year, Canada is before US. I'm thinking this will be the same in 2006, as this is usually the case.
 
moo said:
This year, Canada is before US. I'm thinking this will be the same in 2006, as this is usually the case.

so does this mean that if I prefer to stay in Canada over the US, but really want to match to one particular specialty in case I can't get into it in Canada, that I should apply to the States too?