Nov 24, 2013
Status
Pre-Psychology
Hey everyone,

I am starting this thread for those of us applying to psychology programs in Canada. I have applied to four clinical psychology programs.

The thread from last year was helpful as people discussed their application experiences and knowledge. I hope this can provide the same.

Cheers!

OP
C
Nov 24, 2013
Status
Pre-Psychology
University of Victoria told me they would start making the short-list of applicants around January 14, and Simon Fraser University stated they hope to contact short-listed applicants by January 10.

Jan 15, 2012
Canada
Status
Psychologist
Just received my official rejection from Simon Fraser and was told by a friend in that program that they've already sent out their invites.

deadmau5

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2009
Great White North
Status
Psychology Student
i've heard some people getting interviews from ryerson, uoft-scarborough, uvic, and yorku. still early though and definitely not over.

Feb 25, 2014
Status
Psychology Student
Hi guys. I've applied to McGill, Concordia, UoT-Sc and UBC. I have not heard anything back from any of them - neither interviews nor rejections/acceptances. Has anyone else applied to these schools? Any word? I'm starting to think that no news is bad news - given that the period for interviews seems to be ripe.

Feb 11, 2014
Hi guys. I've applied to McGill, Concordia, UoT-Sc and UBC. I have not heard anything back from any of them - neither interviews nor rejections/acceptances. Has anyone else applied to these schools? Any word? I'm starting to think that no news is bad news - given that the period for interviews seems to be ripe.

I applied to Concordia, and haven't heard anything; not sure if invitations have already been sent..at now, nobody has posted about it here or on gradcafe.

Mar 3, 2014
Applied to York and Ryerson. Had several interviews at Ryerson but nothing from York (they had their interview day, though, so I guess it means I'm out).

Anyone else heard from these schools?

Mar 4, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical, Pre-Pharmacy
Hi everyone, this is my first time to post in this thread! Why is it so dead?? :p :p I am planning to apply next year so that I can start on 2015 right after my graduation from University of Toronto. However I am very anxious about the high requirement to get in clinical psychology graduate programs and I was wandering if anyone who got accepted can guide me a little bit here and soothe my anxious life :p. So far my cGPA is 3.7ish (80%) using the OMSAS grading system (previous year is 3.95, this year 3.90 so far). I am also planning to do my GRE next year. I am also curious how did you guys prepare for that exam?

@Ellipsis can you post your stats? If not then maybe I will PM you!