Canadian SGU student matching in the US?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jamie_kee_mac85

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi there,

I am planning on attending SGU for the MD program, although I haven't been accepted I am hoping to attend soon. I was just wondering, what type of placements do Canadian SGU grads, who are not US citizens and need hospitals to vouch for working visa's, match for? Is it really an obstacle for a Canadian graduating from the Carribean to match for a competitive placement? I know SGU has had success with their students gaining competitive placements like EM, optho, derm, etc. but it could be mostly for those who do not need to apply for work visa's. Anyways, any feedback would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
 
good question

what about US citizens doing their 4th year in Murdoch in Australia??

That would be awesome 🙄