Canadian Student Applying to Caribbean - Loan Problem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WilCox

Reaction score
Hello,

The Canadian banks are not giving medical school loan to people with average cosigner, is there another way to get loan? Also, does anyone have connections with bank that can help me get loan for a caribbean medical school?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Can you be convinced to not attend a Caribbean medical school? If you go into a US-MD/DO program the big banks here will usually offer a very large LOC.

Can you be convinced to not attend a Caribbean medical school? If you go into a US-MD/DO program the big banks here will usually offer a very large LOC.
Hi.can a canadian student give a loan for study medicine or dentistry in the usa whitout any canadian cosigner?(i mean the canadian cosigner is only needed for caribbean universities?)

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, does anyone have connections with bank that can help me get loan for a caribbean medical school?

This is not how loans work lol...

I have Canadian classmates that were able to get loans but they have well to do parents that are able to co-sign for them. You might be out of luck. The schools should have a financial representative you can talk to that can help guide you in the right direction, since they'd love to have you (and by extension your money).

Also, if your goal is to do residency in Canada, I'd think again given the 27% match rate for Caribbean grades into CARMS.

This is not how loans work lol...

I have Canadian classmates that were able to get loans but they have well to do parents that are able to co-sign for them. You might be out of luck. The schools should have a financial representative you can talk to that can help guide you in the right direction, since they'd love to have you (and by extension your money).

Also, if your goal is to do residency in Canada, I'd think again given the 27% match rate for Caribbean grades into CARMS.
Hi.is this the same for us med schools? Canadian banks need a cosigner for study in the us too?

Hi.is this the same for us med schools? Canadian banks need a cosigner for study in the us too?
You will likely have an easier time securing governmental loans from Canada or even private loans if you go to med school in the US as opposed to the Caribbean.