Canadian Student in the US - Taxes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

luckyoceania

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This seems complicated. I've always done my own taxes at home but now I'm not sure what to file where. Canada and provincial taxes, US and state taxes. I think it's finally time to get an accountant. I've heard some stories about incompetent accountants (and that was just single-country taxes), so I'm a little gunshy to just go with any random accountant.

Any suggestions for how to go about finding an accountant competent to deal with my situation? (And, hopefully, affordable... how much do they run, anyway?) The international office at my school didn't have any specific suggestions on the matter.