Canadian Student - So confused! Please help :(

Started by PaedsDoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PaedsDoc

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey Guys! I am a Canadian applicant, and I have a ton of questions, if you can help me in any way - that would be great.

1) If I get an acceptance at a school (say SUNY). How do I accept the offer?
2) If I have any other interviews later on, and I get another acceptance, can I hold numerous acceptances ( ie give deposit to each school)
3) Does the deposit vanish, or can I get it back if I choose not to go to that school?
4) Is there usually a certain time by which I must respond about the offer?

Im just really confused with this acceptance process, if you can outline it or refer to some links, that would be great!
Thank you so much
 
1) The individual schools will give you detailed instructions if they offer you a spot.
2) Yes, until a specific date in 2012 which I don't remember off-hand,
3) Depends on the school. Some keep it, some give it all back, some give part of it back.
4) Again a school will detail your "next steps" including deadlines.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think you can hold multiple acceptances until May 15th, at which point, you have to pick one.

Unless you're like me, I will pick one of the American schools, then wait for OMSAS and McGill results to pan out... then make a decision. 🙂
 
I think you can hold multiple acceptances until May 15th, at which point, you have to pick one.

Unless you're like me, I will pick one of the American schools, then wait for OMSAS and McGill results to pan out... then make a decision. 🙂

Are you canadian? Do you live in Canada now? I'm a canadian citizen and lived in Montreal for 9 years 🙂 (but US permanent resident currently who did not apply to canadian schools)