Canadian student, US vet schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Squeaksmom

pathologically stubborn... 3rd time's the charm
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a non-traditional Canadian pre-vet student, interested in maybe applying to some US vet schools for next year. From what I'm learning about visa regulations, it sounds like it might be difficult for my husband to work in the US while I'm going to school (he has a diploma, not a degree). I'm wondering if anyone knows what kinds of student loans or other assistance might be available that I could look into. So far I'm student loan free, but our credit isn't the best (not the worst, but still.....). If he can't work much, I'm not sure that we can afford international tuition, which looks like it ranges from $45-$55K/year. I know I have to get this figured out if I want to put in any applications for next year, but where do I start looking? Help...??