You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Canadians applying to American Medical Schools
Started by Aloe paleo
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Aloe paleo
Full Member
where did you get the interview waitlist?Applied to 10 MD schools. So far 1 Rejection and 1 interview wait list. I'm also interested to know what schools other Canadian applicants are getting interview invites from!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Aloe paleo
Full Member
are you applying DO as well?Applied to 10 MD schools. So far 1 Rejection and 1 interview wait list. I'm also interested to know what schools other Canadian applicants are getting interview invites from!!
I only applied MDare you applying DO as well?
Aloe paleo
Full Member
where did you get the ii waitlist?I only applied MD
ii waitlist at West Virginia and R from Tulane so far. Congrats on your DO interviews!!! Have you heard back from any MD schools yet?where did you get the ii waitlist?
Aloe paleo
Full Member
congrats that's awesome for the ii waitlist! I have no MD interviews, but i have an ii waitlist at arizona (tucson). i have some M.D. R's (lost track hahaha)ii waitlist at West Virginia and R from Tulane so far. Congrats on your DO interviews!!! Have you heard back from any MD schools yet?
Aloe paleo
Full Member
what is your LizzyM score again?ii waitlist at West Virginia and R from Tulane so far. Congrats on your DO interviews!!! Have you heard back from any MD schools yet?
Aloe paleo
Full Member
nvm i just saw your signaturewhat is your LizzyM score again?
That's very exciting about Arizona congrats! I'll keep posting here when I hear back (hopefully with II) from the rest of my schools. Always good to know which schools are giving us Canadians a chance!!congrats that's awesome for the ii waitlist! I have no MD interviews, but i have an ii waitlist at arizona (tucson). i have some M.D. R's (lost track hahaha)
Hello. Fellow cad here. So far i have 4 holds (gwu, suny, tulane, mayo mnn) and 3 r (mich state, usc LOL, pitt). Lm 73-75.
Aloe paleo
Full Member
W
hy is it so tough?? 🙁Hello. Fellow cad here. So far i have 4 holds (gwu, suny, tulane, mayo mnn) and 3 r (mich state, usc LOL, pitt). Lm 73-75.
Who knows... i also have what i think are above avg ec’s in terms of research and volunteering but such is life...W
hy is it so tough?? 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! i got R'ed from them like 1 month agoII from Michigan state today!!!!!!! There is hope for us Canadians!!!!
Canadianstudentfromcam
New Member
II from Michigan state today!!!!!!! There is hope for us Canadians!!!!
CONGRATS!!! Is this their MD program? And if you don't mind sharing, when did you submit your secondary?
Last edited:
Aloe paleo
Full Member
congrats! <3II from Michigan state today!!!!!!! There is hope for us Canadians!!!!
Thank you! Yes It's the MD program. I submitted my secondary August 25 and was forwarded for review August 30CONGRATS!!! Is this their MD program? And if you don't mind sharing, when did you submit your secondary?
Canadianstudentfromcam
New Member
Do you guys think there is any point in submitting MD secondaries now? My MCAT is average but I have a high GPA
Last edited:
Aloe paleo
Full Member
not MD but DO..however this is just my opinion and I am no expert.Do you guys think there is any point in submitting MD secondaries now? My MCAT is average but I have a high GPA
II to SLU today - scheduled for early November. literally shat myself with relief when i got it.
Aloe paleo
Full Member
omg congrats!!!!!! What's your LizzyM score if you dont mind sharing?II to SLU today - scheduled for early November. literally shat myself with relief when i got it.
thank you 🙂 lm ~73 and i was complete 7/20ish or something like thatomg congrats!!!!!! What's your lizzym score if you dont mind sharing?
D
deleted853480
One of my buddies who interviewed there a few years ago had a question on his finances. Also he had a 517/4.0 and got rejected post interview. So really figure out a reason why they should pick you over Americans.II to SLU today - scheduled for early November. literally shat myself with relief when i got it.
they sent an email describing the escrow requirement with the II which I was already aware was required when I applied. Ooof... gonna be hard to convince them lol but thank youOne of my buddies who interviewed there a few years ago had a question on his finances. Also he had a 517/4.0 and got rejected post interview. So really figure out a reason why they should pick you over Americans.
just curious, the escrow as you will pay them all your tuition at once??they sent an email describing the escrow requirement with the II which I was already aware was required when I applied. Ooof... gonna be hard to convince them lol but thank you
from what it says on their website, I think you need to set aside 4 years of tuition in a US-based bank escrow account. I feel like I've seen this at several other schools where its either 2 or 4 years demonstrated at the interview stage or prior to acceptance.just curious, the escrow as you will pay them all your tuition at once??
that's a big chunk of change! But congrats on your II!from what it says on their website, I think you need to set aside 4 years of tuition in a US-based bank escrow account. I feel like I've seen this at several other schools where its either 2 or 4 years demonstrated at the interview stage or prior to acceptance.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted853480
Got an A as a Canadian! It’s doable but very hard.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 2K