Canadians like their pharmacists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

WVUPharm2007

imagine sisyphus happy
20+ Year Member
Had a blast a few years ago when I visited Niagara/Toronto. I stayed in St. Catherines, where I was introduced to this strange food known as poutine. I also had an excellent steak at some random steakhouse in who the hell knows where.

Good folk in Canada.
 
Ontario is the most conservative out of all the provinces and lags behind in terms of innovative legislations that would allow pharmacists to take on a greater role. If you have no family/attachments to any one province, Alberta and BC would be a better bet.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ontario is the most conservative out of all the provinces and lags behind in terms of innovative legislations that would allow pharmacists to take on a greater role. If you have no family/attachments to any one province, Alberta and BC would be a better bet.

Toronto is the coolest town in North America. Is there anything to do in the prairies?
 
Toronto is the coolest town in North America. Is there anything to do in the prairies?

Calgary has an annual rodeo, as well as the Calgary Roughnecks lacrosse team, Calgary Stampeders CFL team, and the Calgary Flames NHL team. Alberta strikes me as Canada's equivalent of the South, not in a negative way though.
 
its just too bad that they can't compete in hockey with the americans. Zing!
 
its just too bad that they can't compete in hockey with the americans. Zing!

Calm down there, it was just a seeding game. All we got out of that game was not having to face Germany. Yeah, because that would've been a terrible fate.

I really hope Team USA beats Canada when it actually matters, because Canadians will not let the USA ever forget it otherwise.
 
It's easier for Americans to get a license than other international peoples...its basically get work permit, get internship, hang out for 3 months as intern, take a few tests, and that's it...

It's actually quite easy in Ontario to transfer your license. Like Mike said, get the proper working papers, intern for 3 months, then take their licensing and law exams. I'm not sure about Alberta though (Calgary and Toronto being the two metro areas I'd like to work around). My only concern is if there's some kind of system in place to pay back my student loans. I'm concerned that, should I try to move, good old Uncle Sam will block me from leaving the country so long as I owe him money.
 
It's actually quite easy in Ontario to transfer your license. Like Mike said, get the proper working papers, intern for 3 months, then take their licensing and law exams. I'm not sure about Alberta though (Calgary and Toronto being the two metro areas I'd like to work around). My only concern is if there's some kind of system in place to pay back my student loans. I'm concerned that, should I try to move, good old Uncle Sam will block me from leaving the country so long as I owe him money.

I'm having trouble making contacts though. Nobody seems to want to return my emails. Oh well. I'm going there next month. I'ma have a face to face here and there.
 
I'm having trouble making contacts though. Nobody seems to want to return my emails. Oh well. I'm going there next month. I'ma have a face to face here and there.

Are you driving or flying? If you're driving, make sure to make a stop in Buffalo en route, we'll go for wings or hit up the nearby D&B's.

I've got a bunch of friends in the GTA and one or two in Ottawa, want me to have them poke around and see what they can dig up?
 
Are you driving or flying? If you're driving, make sure to make a stop in Buffalo en route, we'll go for wings or hit up the nearby D&B's.

Driving...but I'll be rushed to get there...she's got a face to face to get to the day we are leaving...

I've got a bunch of friends in the GTA and one or two in Ottawa, want me to have them poke around and see what they can dig up?

I got some people on here feeding me emails...but I'll take any help. I know 2 Canadians. One in Ottawa, one in Woodstock. I'm visiting Ottawa for 2-3 days...never been there, but people tell me great things about it. There is a good chance that WVU will play in Buffalo for the NCAA tourney, so I might be there when that happens...
 
Driving...but I'll be rushed to get there...she's got a face to face to get to the day we are leaving...



I got some people on here feeding me emails...but I'll take any help. I know 2 Canadians. One in Ottawa, one in Woodstock. I'm visiting Ottawa for 2-3 days...never been there, but people tell me great things about it. There is a good chance that WVU will play in Buffalo for the NCAA tourney, so I might be there when that happens...

I wouldn't hate Ottawa so much if not for the ****ing Senators. I sent out a message to about a dozen people whom I know up in Canada (one of whom has worked at a hospital in Ottawa as a microbiologist, so I'm hoping she can give me some kind of helpful lead). I'll let you know when and if they get back to me.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Calm down there, it was just a seeding game. All we got out of that game was not having to face Germany. Yeah, because that would've been a terrible fate.

I really hope Team USA beats Canada when it actually matters, because Canadians will not let the USA ever forget it otherwise.

i'm a hockey guru and a Sabres fan, I am used to having my hopes up and squashed whenever theres a possibility of winning the big one. So i understand that the preliminary rounds mean jack. It was a joke.

we got more then just facing germany. Did you see the other half of the bracket? The canadians have to go through russia, then likely sweden in order to get to the gold medal game. We will have to go through the swiss and either finland or the czechs to get there. To be honest, I like our odds a lot better. Seeing that the canadians have to go through the 2 of the top 3 teams to get there. Seeding is important.