Cancel AMCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cewlgrrl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so i'm not applying this year. I never submtted my AMCAS but I did start it so here's the question --- do i have to cancel it?
and if i do, how do i do that?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you sbmit your application,and find out your Aug MCAT score was not so great, how do you cancel? Can you even cancel? Do you call the school and tel them to throw your application in the trash or is it done thru AMCAS?

If this occurs are you considered a re-applicant next year?

Thank you for any reply! :)

Once you submit, you don't "cancel". You can choose to not do any secondary applications, but your AMCAS fee is nonrefundable once you submit your application. You are considered a reapplicant if you complete and submit secondary applications to schools, and then only a reapplicant to those schools you have submitted secondaries to. For example, if you don't submit Albany's secondary this year, but DO submit Albany's secondary next year, you are NOT a reapplicant (for Albany). Unless, of course, the schools asks if you have ever applied to ANY medical school (but I don't know of any that ask that question).

Personally, if you submit any secondary applications you may as well just ride it out. Who knows, you might get lucky and get in!