Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Pediatrics' started by gatorfan97, Nov 17, 2005.
I can't decide on whether I should cancel my AE Jacobi and Long Island interviews. Suggestions?
To give advice here you'd have to say why you are considering canceling.
sorry about that...as obnoxious as it sounds I have too many interviews and am trying to figure out a way to cut some.
AE Jacobi and Long Island are the programs that are inconvenient for me to interview at and I don't have super strong reasons for wanting to go to. The only thing that drew me to Jacobi was that its in NYC, but I hear its in a pretty bad neighborhood. I applied to Long Island bc I heard that they treat the residents very well and its a large program (what I'm looking for), but its 30 min outside of the NYC and the other programs I'm going to are in big cities. If I withdraw my app from these programs I'll be at 12 interviews.
12 interviews in no meager number. You will clearly find a program or two that you would be very happy at among those. Besides, you had solid reasons to 'x out' both of them.
I'm at 8 interviews (only waiting to hear from 1 more that I'd accept) and I turned down 2 offers for similar reasons this week.
best wishes on finding the best place for you!
just got back from Jacobi..it's not a bad neighborhood, but almost all of the residents live in the city...which is a 20 minute drive to the Westside and 40 min by train/bus...
Also, there are NO fellows except in the ER--make sure you are ok with that. Some people love this idea...some are less than thrilled.