Cancel Interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gatorfan97

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I can't decide on whether I should cancel my AE Jacobi and Long Island interviews. Suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

To give advice here you'd have to say why you are considering canceling.

sorry about that...as obnoxious as it sounds I have too many interviews and am trying to figure out a way to cut some.

AE Jacobi and Long Island are the programs that are inconvenient for me to interview at and I don't have super strong reasons for wanting to go to. The only thing that drew me to Jacobi was that its in NYC, but I hear its in a pretty bad neighborhood. I applied to Long Island bc I heard that they treat the residents very well and its a large program (what I'm looking for), but its 30 min outside of the NYC and the other programs I'm going to are in big cities. If I withdraw my app from these programs I'll be at 12 interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
12 interviews in no meager number. You will clearly find a program or two that you would be very happy at among those. Besides, you had solid reasons to 'x out' both of them.

I'm at 8 interviews (only waiting to hear from 1 more that I'd accept) and I turned down 2 offers for similar reasons this week.

best wishes on finding the best place for you!

just got back from Jacobi..it's not a bad neighborhood, but almost all of the residents live in the city...which is a 20 minute drive to the Westside and 40 min by train/bus...
Also, there are NO fellows except in the ER--make sure you are ok with that. Some people love this idea...some are less than thrilled. :oops: