Canceling MCAT after bronze zone deadline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Premedstudent149

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I’m not prepared to take my mcat yet (scheduled on Jan 18th), but I passed the bronze zone deadline. Is there any way that I can still cancel? I’ve also previously taken an MCAT and voided it on September 14 2019. On my dashboard it says that I have 2 tests remaining in the testing year. Does this number not include the one scheduled for Jan 18 (I’m asking in case I have to void this exam if I cannot cancel it)? I would really appreciate feedback on this.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I’m not prepared to take my mcat yet (scheduled on Jan 18th), but I passed the bronze zone deadline. Is there any way that I can still cancel? I’ve also previously taken an MCAT and voided it on September 14 2019. On my dashboard it says that I have 2 tests remaining in the testing year. Does this number not include the one scheduled for Jan 18 (I’m asking in case I have to void this exam if I cannot cancel it)? I would really appreciate feedback on this.
You have 2 attempts after the current registration

Reactions: 1 user
You can still cancel your exam, you just won't receive a refund. If you cancel an exam, it will not count towards your yearly maximum.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

Members don't see this ad :)
If took an exam in September and voided it, and take this upcoming one and also void it, shouldn’t I be left with 1 attempt until next September (considering I can only take 3 in a one year period)?
It depends on how the AAMC defines a one year period. For those kinds of questions, I recommend calling the AAMC MCAT registration number because you want to make sure you're getting the best information from the source.

It depends on how the AAMC defines a one year period. For those kinds of questions, I recommend calling the AAMC MCAT registration number because you want to make sure you're getting the best information from the source.
You can never go wrong by going directly to the source, but the answer to this seems pretty obvious. It looks to me as though AAMC defines a year like the rest of the world - January through December. This is why OP will still have 2 attempts in 2020! Why would anyone think the year starts in September when there are no dates from October - December? September represents the end of an MCAT cycle that corresponds, I'm sure not coincidentally, with the height of the following year's application cycle.

You can never go wrong by going directly to the source, but the answer to this seems pretty obvious. It looks to me as though AAMC defines a year like the rest of the world - January through December. This is why OP will still have 2 attempts in 2020! Why would anyone think the year starts in September when there are no dates from October - December? September represents the end of an MCAT cycle that corresponds, I'm sure not coincidentally, with the height of the following year's application cycle.
Fair point, but I’m a teacher so we follow the academic year and didn’t look at the policies I linked :)

Reactions: 1 users