Canceling MCAT Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

james1988

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I remember with the SAT it was possible to cancel your exam up to 48 hours after you took it if you feel you really screwed up or something happened to you during the exam, like if you fainted or something. Does one have the same luxury of canceling with the MCAT?

Members don't see this ad.

I believe your only opportunity is when the computer screen asks you at the end of the test.

Members don't see this ad :)
is anyone sure about this?

You get a screen after you finish the last section with the option to void. this is the only time you are able to do so.

is anyone sure about this?

I took the MCAT in the Stone Age with a piece of wood and graphite and some flattened trees, but in those days the only way to "cancel" your MCAT was to inform your instructor at any time DURING or IMMEDIATELY AFTER your exam (before leaving the testing room) that you wish to void your exam.

I doubt it's changed since then.

so technically if i wanted to i can register for a real exam just for practice, take it, and cancel it right afterwards? i know people will tell me just to go to kaplan or princeton for a practice exam, but it really isn't like practicing on the real thing, in the same place, and on the same type of computer that you will eventually be taking it on.

so technically if i wanted to i can register for a real exam just for practice, take it, and cancel it right afterwards? i know people will tell me just to go to kaplan or princeton for a practice exam, but it really isn't like practicing on the real thing, in the same place, and on the same type of computer that you will eventually be taking it on.

Yes, although you have that nasty $250 price tag. You could get the same environment by buying a pair of those hearing protection things and going to the local library where everyone else is doing something on the computer and taking it there. The environment will still not be the same if you cancel the test because you know that you will be cancelling it, so the stress factor just doesn't come into play.

And I believe that unlike the paper-based MCAT where you could void your test at any time, the only chance with the computer-based test is at the end.

Pay to the order of: Bacchus
In the amount of: Two Hundred Ten & 00/100--------------dollars
Memo: Better use of the money
Signature: James1988 (in curvy letters)

Do not take the exam for practice. Take a practice exam for practice in a quiet room with industrial ear protection is you're worried about the exam conditions. You are separated from others in the testing center, its relatively quiet, and its just an ordinary computer you are using.

Pay to the order of: Bacchus
In the amount of: Two Hundred Ten & 00/100--------------dollars
Memo: Better use of the money
Signature: James1988 (in curvy letters)

Do not take the exam for practice. Take a practice exam for practice in a quiet room with industrial ear protection is you're worried about the exam conditions. You are separated from others in the testing center, its relatively quiet, and its just an ordinary computer you are using.

QFT.

How 'bout sending a little money my way too, eh?