Cancelled MCAT for 7/11..Next Steps

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Toastayy

Buttered Toast
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So as the title suggests, I just cancelled my MCAT date for September 6.

The reason I cancelled was mainly because I don't think I would be able to finish my content review, + passages + AAMC FLs (SN2D's schedule) and be confident enough to attack the MCAT in about three weeks.

I was also injured (torn meniscus) earlier on in the beginning of my studies and had to undergo surgery etc which is definitely one reason I was behind in my content review.

Right now to finish my content review by mid-August, I would have to do 2 chapters of the BR a day. And I know to many of you this may seem like a cake walk but I am definitely struggling to keep this pace as well as memorize/practice the theories presented in the book.

The next test date is in early/late January (don't think i'd be ready the Sept. 11th one either) so my question to you oh knowledgeable ones of SDN is what should I do now?

At this rate, the exam is approximately 4 months away and I have completed the first half +1 chapter of all the TBR books and about half way through both EK and TPR verbal workbooks. I am also taking 2-3 classes this semester, along with ~10-20 hrs of research and maybe some tutoring. I definitely do not want to overload in the school work dept since I want to be able to study for the MCAT during these times.

So what do you think I should do? Finish up content review and then go over it again during school so it stays fresh....or?

Some help/comments/critiques is greatly needed.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey bud, I'm in the same situation as you. I was originally planning on taking it August 23rd but had to cancel due to some personal stuff that came up and I'm now planning on taking it late January.

I have gone through the 1st TBR books for gen chem, orgo, and physics along with the 1st phase questions and also halfway through the EK 101 and TPR verbal workbooks. I'm also doing research, 15 credits, and volunteering similar to you so putting in MCAT study hours will be tough but very doable. One good thing is that I will be taking human physiology so that will help me very much for the Bio section.

I plan on getting through the 1st phase of the 2nd TBR books for gen chem, orgo, physic... and then go back and review my notes + Chad's videos and then do the 2nd phase after I finish with 1st phase for all 3 subject books. This way, i'll be refreshing my memory on all the subjects. I'm not going to worry about verbal until after i'm done with this... and then start doing 2-3 passages of TBR verbal, then finishing up my EK101 and TBR verbal workbooks. Afterwards, i'm going to focus on the Bio with EK and TPR books + doing TBR passages (like the SN2 schedule).

I'm also going to try to do a little bit of the TPR science workbook every day after I finish the 2nd phase of all the TBR books and hopefully finish the book by december... I have the EK 1001 books too but I hated them mostly due to the explanations so as of right now I'm not going to worry about those.

So long story short... I plan on finishing content review by the end of the semester (early december) and then doing the AAMC self assessment and then immediately starting full lengths first with TBR exams and the AAMC exams.. shooting for at least 10-12 exams before my test date in January.

Best of luck man. Let me know if you have any questions. We got this.. remember our hard work will pay off at the end.

I'm thinking of canceling my September 6th date as well so I'm right there with you bud. January is looking good to me

Ahh good to know I'm not alone in this. I'm a girl btw xD
Your plan sounds good and I'm thinking about doing the same thing...finish the first pass through of the books then do the second pass through while doing the other questions and adding the Princeton review for further practice. I think also working on the verbal during the same time is important for me instead of waiting since it's around the hardest to improve and I've been hovering in the 8 to 9 range. So obviously I need more practice so I may look beyond the ek and for books for that
I wish us all luck during the semester...I'm sure we can pull it off if we buckle down.
Sent from my HTC Rezound using tapatalk