Maybedoc1

2+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2017
Hello all,

I have an interview on 1/13 that I am thinking about cancelling but I'm wondering if it's too late to do so? I've recently been accepted to one of my top choices so I'm not sure if I want to take time off work to do this interview when I probably won't attend this school regardless. I guess there's always a chance that I fall in love, but I would hate to waste their time if the odds are slim. My only concern would be that it's relatively short notice and they probably wouldn't be able to fill my interview spot?

M&L

Volunteer Staff
2+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2018
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Hello all,

I have an interview on 1/13 that I am thinking about cancelling but I'm wondering if it's too late to do so? I've recently been accepted to one of my top choices so I'm not sure if I want to take time off work to do this interview when I probably won't attend this school regardless. I guess there's always a chance that I fall in love, but I would hate to waste their time if the odds are slim. My only concern would be that it's relatively short notice and they probably wouldn't be able to fill my interview spot?
cancel. this spot will go to someone who needs it.
In the email thank them, be very professional, etc, because what if you need to go there for residency?

Reactions: 6 users
About the Ads

Goro

SDN Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Hello all,

It won't be a problem.

Reactions: 1 user

kepler16b

2+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2018
Status (Visible)
  1. MD/PhD Student
Canceling an interview at any time is better than attending the interview with no intention to attend the school.

Reactions: 3 users

Rachapkis

2+ Year Member
Apr 5, 2018
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
I agree with the posters above that cancelling the interview will not be a problem. However, I would consider attending the interview for two reasons. First, as you stated above, there is a slim chance that the interview will peak your interest in the school. Second, it may lead to an acceptance with the potential for a better financial aid package. Of course, if you would attend the school that you have already been accepted to regardless of financial aid, I would cancel the interview. However, if that is not the case, I would consider attending it.

Reactions: 1 users
Aug 12, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Cancelling saves both your time and theirs if you're sure you won't be attending.

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.