Cannabis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MitchLevi

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Georgia has 5% THC tincture for those with cannabis cards. This was rolled out summer '23.

I've had...I think 3...pts show up and disclose to me they got a card from their PCP and they've tried it. None have benefitted, and one actually ended up having to be physically carried out of a Cracker Barrel and put into his car by the restaurant staff bc he couldn't move. Literally stuck to the dinner table (80 yo man BTW).

I just realized today that cannabis is not on the state's PDMP site. These previous patients all disclosed to me the fact they had received the tincture and used it, but for some reason I did not realize there is no reporting.

WTF? How am I supposed to know if you're using cannabis tincture if it isn't on the PDMP?

Urine isn't guaranteed to pop positive if you know what you're doing, and PCPs don't always send records.

How many of you practice in states where this is commonplace, and is it listed on your PDMP?

Members don't see this ad.

UDS + gets warning, 2nd offense and I stop opiates.
DEA sets the schedule and owns your registration to prescribe.
Roll the dice, win stupid prizes.

Reactions: 2 users
UDS + gets warning, 2nd offense and I stop opiates.
DEA sets the schedule and owns your registration to prescribe.
Roll the dice, win stupid prizes.
Even if it's off schedule 1, would you then allow patients to get thc and opioids?

I would still think not, similar to our concerns with mixed opioids and alcohol

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, it’s a major flaw in the PMP monitoring system that it’s not reported and tracked. I’m guessing it’s because it’s still illegal at the federal level.

Reactions: 1 user
Cannabis is not in the PDMP because IT'S NOT MEDICINE.

In my state, we have "legal" recreational and medical marijuana. We don't allow it to be used if we're prescribing their opioids. It's in the contract, patient should know not to.

If positive on UDS, the patient gets a warning. Third violation we stop the opioids.

Reactions: 1 user
we see medical marijuana on the PMP in my state. its still a prescription.

we do not see legal marijuana.

Reactions: 1 users
thc not on pmp here. We have weed shop on every corner , house of dank. Very classy. I prescribe very few opiates anymore to a select few of patients so luckily I have had only couple of issues. Many of the pain clinics in my area no longer test for THC routinely.

Anyone else read that they are considering bringing THC down to schedule 3. I believe I saw on my phone news feed a while back. Will this change how you rx?

i might change the treatment agreement form to specifically note that while it is THC is not Schedule I, the office policy will be to not prescribe opioids to those concurrently taking THC....

Reactions: 2 users
thc not on pmp here. We have weed shop on every corner , house of dank. Very classy. I prescribe very few opiates anymore to a select few of patients so luckily I have had only couple of issues. Many of the pain clinics in my area no longer test for THC routinely.

Anyone else read that they are considering bringing THC down to schedule 3. I believe I saw on my phone news feed a while back. Will this change how you rx?
lol, Michigan too?