Can't find MCAT online flash site

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Winterpegger

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I stumbled upon an MCAT review site last year, but now can't seem to find it.

It was flash-based (I think) and had an optional premium membership which conferred extra benefits. I recall the free version being just fine. I can't remember what it was called or how I found it...it had a pretty snazzy web page, though. I *thought* it was MCAT Pearls, but it seems MCAT pearls is just a text-based site nothing like the one I remember.

It was supposed to be a "grass-roots effort" by a doctor to bring quality MCAT materials to the masses. Sounds like Dr. Diallo's MCAT Pearls, right?

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Members don't see this ad.

It should be noted that this website has plenty of errors on it. For example I was reviewing the O-Chem section and this is a direct cut n paste from it...

"Oxidation
Aldehydes are easier to oxidize than ketones
Common, strong oxidizing agents include potassium permanganate (KMnO), lithium aluminum hydride (LAH), sodium borohydride (NaBH) or silver oxide (AgO)"

LAH & NaBH are reducing agents NOT oxidizing agents!

no problem! and yea, like the other person said, it's good to just be careful when studying any material. if you think something is fishy, look it up and comfirm from another source. better safe than sorry. but as far as i can tell, most of the info the the site seems pretty safe. good luck studying!