Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Can't find MCAT online flash site

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by Winterpegger, May 8, 2008.

1. Winterpegger

Winterpegger New Member 5+ Year Member

Jun 14, 2006
    I stumbled upon an MCAT review site last year, but now can't seem to find it.

It was flash-based (I think) and had an optional premium membership which conferred extra benefits. I recall the free version being just fine. I can't remember what it was called or how I found it...it had a pretty snazzy web page, though. I *thought* it was MCAT Pearls, but it seems MCAT pearls is just a text-based site nothing like the one I remember.

It was supposed to be a "grass-roots effort" by a doctor to bring quality MCAT materials to the masses. Sounds like Dr. Diallo's MCAT Pearls, right?

Anyone know what I'm talking about?
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. phobie

phobie Junior Member 2+ Year Member

Apr 16, 2006
  4. jyw003

jyw003 just moving along.....PharmD, BCPS, BCPP, APP 10+ Year Member

Oct 10, 2007
    San Francisco
    awesomeeee...much appreciated!~
  5. The South Face

The South Face 7+ Year Member

Feb 19, 2008
    It should be noted that this website has plenty of errors on it. For example I was reviewing the O-Chem section and this is a direct cut n paste from it...

Aldehydes are easier to oxidize than ketones
    Common, strong oxidizing agents include potassium permanganate (KMnO), lithium aluminum hydride (LAH), sodium borohydride (NaBH) or silver oxide (AgO)"

LAH & NaBH are reducing agents NOT oxidizing agents!
  6. phobie

phobie Junior Member 2+ Year Member

Apr 16, 2006
    no problem! and yea, like the other person said, it's good to just be careful when studying any material. if you think something is fishy, look it up and comfirm from another source. better safe than sorry. but as far as i can tell, most of the info the the site seems pretty safe. good luck studying!