You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Can't get into our Occupational Therapy School? Don't despair, try pharmacy.
Started by Gombrich12
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
WOW. My sis is about to graduate OT school. She's worked very hard, but it doesn't compare to what an Rx schools rigours (should) be. What a message they're sending...
Wow.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yikes!
OT>Pharm.D.
OT>Pharm.D.
D
deleted562805
Hope this guy does not influenced by this negative school. They come across as haters. There is always a way to get into medical school if you got rejected the first time. Either his MCAT or his GPA was terrible. If his GPA is bad, I would do post-Bach or SMP to get his GPA competitive. If his MCAT was bad, take it again. Hope he does not waste money on a profession where there are less job prospects.
This is a positive sign. Schools are desperate, just a matter of time before they are forced to shutdown their programs.
It is either this our our profession becomes super saturated with a wave of incompetents.
Probably a little bit of both.It is either this our our profession becomes super saturated with a wave of incompetents.
Lmfao.
Midwestern CPG alumni, do you happen to know if they sell Midwestern CPG logo paper bags in the bookstore? If so, please let me know, so I can buy a lifetime supply (while they are still in business) for me to wear over my head when I go to professional meetings. I suppose I should just pirate the logo and have some print shop (or VA one in SLC) make some for me as I can't bear to give them another cent.
Even nursing school seems to be more difficult to get into than pharmacy.
Makes sense. That profession is actually in demand.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had a student at one of my pre-dental events that said he applied to midwestern dental school and got rejected but was offered a position in their pharmacy school instead.
Don’t worry. Dentistry is next.
What a way to try to ruin young students instead of helping them.
yeah I heard people will soon be able to drill on their own teeth and fill their own cavities. LOL that will never happen unlike ordering medications offline.Don’t worry. Dentistry is next.
yeah I heard people will soon be able to drill on their own teeth and fill their own cavities. LOL that will never happen unlike ordering medications offline.
NC DOB got in trouble when they tried to prevent those mall kiosks from being able to offer teeth whitening.
My point being, you never know. At home cavity kits might be far fetched but that doesn’t mean other revenue streams won’t dry up for dentists.
My technicians are getting letters from the local new schools stating they are “pre approved” and “no pcat” needed.
Pretty soon it’s going to be just like those credit card junk mail that we all throw away. How sad this profession has become.
Pretty soon it’s going to be just like those credit card junk mail that we all throw away. How sad this profession has become.
NC DOB got in trouble when they tried to prevent those mall kiosks from being able to offer teeth whitening.
My point being, you never know. At home cavity kits might be far fetched but that doesn’t mean other revenue streams won’t dry up for dentists.
Teeth whitening is not truly fixing anything with teeth and is not invasive at all and just removing stains (stains are not cavities) so I'm not sure why mall kiosks would be a threat to dentistry or why anyone would try to stop them from being sold. Dentists do way more than fill cavities and there are far more options for us if we become pressured in one way or another. We can do implants, dentures, root canals, braces, sleep apnea cases, the list goes on and on.
Teeth whitening is not truly fixing anything with teeth and is not invasive at all and just removing stains (stains are not cavities) so I'm not sure why mall kiosks would be a threat to dentistry or why anyone would try to stop them from being sold. Dentists do way more than fill cavities and there are far more options for us if we become pressured in one way or another. We can do implants, dentures, root canals, braces, sleep apnea cases, the list goes on and on.
Does dentistry still have the highest rate of suicide of all professionals?
I've read about that but can't find any sources of actual studies on it? I know a ton of dentists and have never heard of actual concerns about it, but if you can send an actual study showing it that would be interesting to read. Sounds like someones a little worried about their own profession and trying to throw shade at one that has been rated as a top 5 profession for like 7 years...Does dentistry still have the highest rate of suicide of all professionals?
I've read about that but can't find any sources of actual studies on it? I know a ton of dentists and have never heard of actual concerns about it, but if you can send an actual study showing it that would be interesting to read. Sounds like someones a little worried about their own profession and trying to throw shade at one that has been rated as a top 5 profession for like 7 years...
I mean I am not the one going into another professionals forum to throw shade but hey whatever floats your boat.
My technicians are getting letters from the local new schools stating they are “pre approved” and “no pcat” needed.
Pretty soon it’s going to be just like those credit card junk mail that we all throw away. How sad this profession has become.
Per my interest in desperate pharmacy school marketing, I would LOVE to see these materials / know which schools these are.
I don`t care which school they are. I am just sad and scared because I know that those strategies will work for a while.Per my interest in desperate pharmacy school marketing, I would LOVE to see these materials / know which schools these are.
yeah I heard people will soon be able to drill on their own teeth and fill their own cavities. LOL that will never happen unlike ordering medications offline.
We’re talking about saturation, not the need of service. Patients will need both medications and dental work for the foreseeable future. However, the saturation of the dentistry field is very possible. In fact I believe it to be very likely to happen soon. When there’s a dentist on every block, guess what happens to dental work prices? You guessed it.
Hope this guy does not influenced by this negative school. They come across as haters. There is always a way to get into medical school if you got rejected the first time. Either his MCAT or his GPA was terrible. If his GPA is bad, I would do post-Bach or SMP to get his GPA competitive. If his MCAT was bad, take it again. Hope he does not waste money on a profession where there are less job prospects.
She applied for OT school, not MD/DO school. OT's do not take the MCAT. And while OT's schools are far more competitive than Pharm D schools, they are less competitive than MD/DO schools (IE if she couldn't get accepted to OT school, it is safe to bet that MD/DO school is out of the picture.)
Does dentistry still have the highest rate of suicide of all professionals?
With this alarming high rate of unemployment, wouldn’t you think pharmacists will be the most likely to commit suicide?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Most of these pre-pharm students already have committed financial suicide... so let`s see....With this alarming high rate of unemployment, wouldn’t you think pharmacists will be the most likely to commit suicide?
D
deleted562805
Okay, got you. Yeah, MD/DO are out of the picture. She can try PA school or BSN. Those options are better than pharmacy.She applied for OT school, not MD/DO school. OT's do not take the MCAT. And while OT's schools are far more competitive than Pharm D schools, they are less competitive than MD/DO schools (IE if she couldn't get accepted to OT school, it is safe to bet that MD/DO school is out of the picture.)
Similar threads
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 2K