Cant get loan for Gtown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MustaphaMond

El Gran Chojiji
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I need some good advice here. I have not been able to get approved for a private loan to cover the cost of the SMP program. Being that it is already July, I'm starting to get really worried. The SMP is not really my only option though, I am holding on to a spot for a master's in physics at my state university which includes a tuition waiver and a teaching assistanship (No Loans!). However, this program is a traditional 2 year program and it would delay medical school another year. Also, I would have to retake the MCAT (got 32 the first time) since it expires this year AND I would lose my $500 deposit to Gtown. If I can get the money for G'town I will definately go there, but my situation has made me wonder, given my other option, if it is really the right choice. Thanks for your help.
 
Is there a specific reason you are being denied?

Which lenders did you try?

Let us know and maybe we can help. Good luck.
 
medstylee said:
Is there a specific reason you are being denied?

Which lenders did you try?

Let us know and maybe we can help. Good luck.

Credit score < 600. Parents declared bankruptcy few years back so they can't co-sign. I tried CitiAssist, Suntrust TErI, MyrichUncle, and Sallie Mae Signature.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I see. Sorry to hear that. I thought maybe you just couldn't find a good lender. I was going to recommend CitiAssist, but I guess you've tried that. Have you tried talking to financial aid at GU or perhaps even Ms. Cabiness? Good luck. I really hope things work out.
 
www.nowloans.org
I am assuming that you already filled out FAFSA, right? I know that won't be enough for G'town, but it should help. Did you apply for any scholarships?
That really sucks. I wish you the best.
Marcia
 
I GOT APPROVED! Awesome, Ill see you guys in about 4 weeks. Enjoy the rest of the summer.
The Mond
 
MustaphaMond said:
I GOT APPROVED! Awesome, Ill see you guys in about 4 weeks. Enjoy the rest of the summer.
The Mond

Awesome! Glad to hear something finally worked out.
I am waitlisted to G'town, so I may see you in 4 weeks!
Congrats!