Can't pay the deposit?

Started by Oink
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Oink

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone been in a situation where you got accepted to a school but you can't pay the deposit right away? I got accepted to a pharmacy school but I don't have enough money to pay the deposit, and I don't have anyone willing to really help me out on this. I know I can ask for an extension but I have a feeling I might need like two extensions or something. Are schools willing to accommodate me on this situation or are they going to tell me that I am going to lose my seat?


I'm asking this because for some reason it's really hard for me to get in contact with this school.
 
Has anyone been in a situation where you got accepted to a school but you can't pay the deposit right away? I got accepted to a pharmacy school but I don't have enough money to pay the deposit, and I don't have anyone willing to really help me out on this. I know I can ask for an extension but I have a feeling I might need like two extensions or something. Are schools willing to accommodate me on this situation or are they going to tell me that I am going to lose my seat?


I'm asking this because for some reason it's really hard for me to get in contact with this school.

I do not suggest trying to ask for more time. You really need to get the deposit money immediately; unless you can prove you have dire financial need (you're on welfare or something) it'll just not work and also look bad.