can't seem to bring up my DAT Score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted875664

so I've been studying for the DAT for about 8 months now and no matter how much I review I can't seem to bring up my DAT Score. I've gone through Kaplan, DAT bootcamp and DAT destroyer. I do the problems and I review afterwards but its like the next test I take I haven't retained anything. I really want to raise my score but after so many months of studying and trying I'm starting to wonder if it's just not possible. Any advice for someone struggling to bring up their score?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are most likely studying ineffectively. 3 Months is borderline too much to study, I can't believe you've been doing this for 8.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey man, ive been studying for almost 3 months. Unless you have a background in bio, the sciences etc it will be tough to compete. Im giving it my all, but still

so I've been studying for the DAT for about 8 months now and no matter how much I review I can't seem to bring up my DAT Score. I've gone through Kaplan, DAT bootcamp and DAT destroyer. But no matter what I do I seem to be scoring between 16-18 on the DAT bootcamp tests. I do the problems and I review afterwards but its like the next test I take I haven't retained anything. I really want to raise my score but after so many months of studying and trying I'm starting to wonder if it's just not possible. Any advice for someone struggling to bring up their score?

I can't speak for the other companies, but my question is have you thoroughly gone through all the work in the DAT Destroyer? Remember you need to know the correct choices as well the wrong ones and thoroughly understand all the solutions. There are mini-lectures contained inside the solutions, especially in Biology.

Don't focus so much on scores, you are not going to get the exact test when you take the DAT so it is almost impossible for a test taken beforehand to predict your score, students often post they score higher but they often score lower.

Focus on having a very strong foundation, and less on a score.

If you have any more questions you can post them here or pm.

Wishing you the best.

Members don't see this ad :)
-don't focus on solely memorizing. try to understand things on a conceptual level.

-don't move to new material until you've mastered what you've already learned

-when you get a question wrong, try to work out why and how you got it wrong so you can correct your thought process.

quality of studying>>quantity

-don't focus on solely memorizing. try to understand things on a conceptual level.

-don't move to new material until you've mastered what you've already learned

-when you get a question wrong, try to work out why and how you got it wrong so you can correct your thought process.

quality of studying>>quantity
Great advice!