Can't submit transcript before submitting AMCAS?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by pezzang, Jun 19, 2008.

1. pezzang

pezzang Senior Member

Medical Student
    I got this message from my school when I tried to send my transcript to AMCAS.

Good Morning,

The Student Financial Services department has recieved your request for your information
    to be fowarded to AMCAS, however you did not submit your AMCAS form.
    Without it AMCAS will return your transcripts to X University. Please foward your AMCAS form printed off of the AMCAS website to xxx-xxx-xxxx

Does this mean I can't send my transcript before submitting my AMCAS?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. saa09

Pre-Medical
    You can send the transcript before you submit your app. Go to the application, and i think you have to go to the transcript section of it. There you can print a "transcript request form", print it, sign it and date it and give it to your college (wherever you request transcripts), they will attach it to you college transcript request form and they will mail the AMCAS transcript request form to AMCAS along with your transcript
    hope this answers your question

4. Mobius1985

Fellow [Any Field]
    saa09 is correct. You can print off the required form without having submitted your application.

5. SirGecko

SirGecko Go Navy

Resident [Any Field]
    Also, what your school told you is incorrect. I submitted for a transcript to get sent to amcas without that form and it was not rejected by amcas. (though maybe they would reject transcripts depending on the school? I dunno)